Who would you buy?

Edwards will get him in a swap deal for Origi and two packets of crisps.

4 Likes

Never believed the rumours that he wants to come to Liverpool and Liverpool does not pay those wages, next.

2 Likes

A CB, a CM and a CF; that should do our summer shopping. But clear the deadwood first.

1 Like

According to the Athletic (Hughes/Pearce), CF and CB are what we want in the summer.

1 Like

Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Jones, Keita, Ox looks OK on paper, especially if we can get a proper pre-season, but they all have injury issues.

1 Like

You missed Milner. Yeah, on paper it does look okay. Given the crammed summer schedule, it’s unlikely the players will get a proper rest and preseason.

3 Likes

What if no club are interested in buying? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

CB could easily be one of those previously linked (links with that Carmo fella from Portugal haven’t gone away, nor with Konate but I doubt that Leipzig would sell two of their first choice CBs, even if Liverpool wanted him). However, I’m really having a hard time coming up with a CF other than Haaland, who’s pretty much unattainable… So, maybe some left-field option? I actually can’t remember if Liverpool have been linked with any other forward other than Mbappe in the past year or so.

Please don’t say such awful things :grimacing::pleading_face::sob:

What about that Leeds lad???

1 Like

Bamford? I’m not convinced by him, never was, at least not in terms of him playing for a top six side. Yeah, at the moment we are not a top six side but still… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

1 Like

Signing a CB depends on whether signing Kabak or not.

1 Like

Yeah I did wonder about that this is the part;

“The club insist the money is available for Klopp to strengthen his squad this summer and insist it was there to be spent — on the right player — if he had been available in the past two windows. Reinforcements are now being prioritised at centre-half and centre-forward. Klopp is particularly hopeful he will be allowed to freshen up his front three positions.”

This bit is also interesting around CB options;

“Indeed, Liverpool were made aware early in the January window that Marseille’s Croatian defender Duje Caleta-Car would be available but the club doubted whether he would prove value for money in the long-term.”

My view on the midfield is it depends on;

1. Gini, if he stays we won’t need to go to market this summer. If he does we will need someone in.
  2. Who we can offload from Oxlade, Grujic, Shaqiri… If we can sell all three that would give us the funds for a £30mil ish player (which is about there or there abouts for the players linked with us so far).

The ideal situation is #2, I’m in two minds of Gini, maybe him moving on brings in a new hungry player to refresh the midfield, but then again if Gini gets more rest does he them contribute more? A tough dilema.

I do think if Keita breaks down again this season we will cut our losses with him and bring in a replacement.

My ideal for next season is something like;

1st choice : Henderson – Fabinho – Thiago

2nd choice : Jones – Bissouma – Keita

2 Likes

If Keita showed any semblance of long-term fitness, we wouldn’t be having this conversation… I do think that a consistently and fully fit Lallana in his prime would have been the best midfielder Klopp has ever had at Liverpool but Keita at his best wouldn’t be far off that. I hope that this new fitness coach can sort him out, even if it’s to an extent, even if he’ll be a luxury player - but I love seeing him play, honestly, he’s so confident on the ball, always looks like he can lose it against strong pressing but always comes out with it at his feet. For that alone, I’d sell AOC this summer ahead of him and see where’s Keita at afterwards.

I feel dirty for giving up on AOC but I feel he’s playing a different game to the rest of the team, especially now that almost all of them are completely off form. Same goes for Origi and Shaqiri, I honestly don’t see where they fit anymore, they are used only when the others are injured or fatigued and never to change a game, they don’t seem to able to do it anymore.

When you lay out the midfield options like that, I feel confident, the main issue is Keita’s fitness of course (and it’s not like Alcantara’s been Iron Man throughout his career). I’m in favour of someone like Aouar but I’d settle for a defensive-minded player like Bissouma if Alcantara settled properly, Jones continued his rapid rise and if I knew that Keita would be able to play thirty to forty games per season.

Now, about that centre forward…

2 Likes

The problem we have with some of our players is that Jurgen shows a touch too much loyalty towards them as individuals. Some need to take a long hard look at themselves and probe if they are taking advantage of his leniency… Especially true for those treading water and just going through the motions
Maybe it would be best if these players release Jurgen from this invisible bond and offer to leave the club for the sake of the manager, fans and for freeing up some funds for alternative players…

3 Likes

Which players are you talking about? I think some of the players are still here not due to the misplaced loyalty of Klopp, but simply because they couldn’t be sold due to a depressed market.

Anyone could all be sold lftikhar, depressed market or not.
It is the asking price that prevents it is all.
There are players that have gone stagnant and will neither progress or regress. From the lower echelons up to the squad bench.
The players will know in their own minds if they are nothing more than square pegs trying to squeeze into round holes of the first 11…
My point was, there are players that will not make any further contribution of note on a consistent basis, so why don’t they reconsider their options, gather up their principles and ask for a move.!

2 Likes

Mikey needs his wiggle room. :wink:

1 Like

Well I don’t believe we will be signing anyone like Mbappe or a Haaland. Thats just a Dream.

Maybe Jota can take that centre spot from Firmino. Definitely has more goals and gets in scoring positions like a CF should.

And bring in a Raphinha for the wing.

And as said above Aouar for CM. To replace Gini.

And maybe go back in for Caleta Car at CB.

These should be attainable and improve the team… And of course try and move out a few players.

2 Likes

The only players we bought as already so called already at a world class level would be Alisson and to a huge extent, VVD. And that is because Klopp and the club identified a huge gap in those areas and thus willing to spend world record fees on these 2. However, our forward lines need is different. Its renewal and continuity we need not a pressing gap like our defence and GK positions during those times. We have a world class forward line now and we have Jota who is at a great age to take over from one of them. And so I am almost sure we will not go for these players like Haaland or Mbappe, as world class as they are. The valuation of these 2 just do not fit into our shopping principle for positions that we have a season or two to build an above average/good player into a world class one, pretty much like we did with Salah, Mane, Firmino, Robbo, Fabinho etc. While not exactly him but Raphina would fit into that kind of profile Klopp and the club will look for.

Having said those things, if the club brings in Haaland or Mbappe, would anyone complain, I don’t think so, we will be overjoyed but I just do not think we will.

2 Likes