Who would you buy?

City must be linked with most of the players there…

We should sign that wee shite Neto.

That’s my drunken contribution to this thread. I hope people agree.

5 Likes

Daka rumors are gaining momentum. Too bad, I would have liked to have that player. :smirk:

1 Like

Wee shite. :joy:

So, it’s confirmed now that we will lose a good part of our attacking threat during a good part of next winter. Surely the club has to do something about it.

So, who could come in to replace these three? It will be hard to mount any kind of credible title challenge if nothing is done.

1 Like

I wonder if the comments about Klopp prioritising if genuine were in response to advance notice this was happening.

Although it is a very big loss for us, I don’t think we are as badly off as it first appears, at least numbers wise. Having Jota is also a big help here. We have the young lad at Blackburn playing well who may be able to help out during that period, and Minamino out on loan who has done ok.

1 Like

No worries, Jota, Suarez, Elliott and Firmino will take care.

5 Likes

If we hold onto OX this summer then he can replace Kieta on the injury list, there’s one covered.Milner can then replace OX on the rarely used list.

Firmino, Jota and hopefully a new forward bought this summer can cover for the month,rotated with Elliott and Minamino or his replacement.

1 Like

Koulibaly is apparently now available for a bargain £43 million. Worth a punt?

3 Likes

He’ll be 30 this summer, as will Virgil, coming back from a big injury.

Highly doubt it.

5 Likes

Fabinho and Hendo? Fresh from a season of holding the defence together, they might find a new role up front?

We need to buy another striker this summer.

Well the reports are we want a CF this summer, maybe this is why?

With Ramos leaving, I guess it will be Real. Chelsea is a good shout too.

I think Chelsea are offering Silva one more year, so it’s hard to see them having two CB’s of similar age.

1 Like

While the fee shouldn’t be a problem for cheatski, it’s more a question of fitting him into the squad i.e. conforming to the required number of home grown players.

I can’t see Real bidding for him as they are supposed to be brassic.

3 Likes

Wanted us to sell Taki if Southampton puts in a very good bid but with Sadio and Mo to leave for Africa Cup we might need him and a new attacker.

2 Likes

Thiago Silva? He is 36. Kalidou Koulibaly is 29.

If not Haaland or Mbappe I’d be perfectly content with a ‘long shot merchant’ in the vein of vintage Phil. Whether it’s tactics or something else, not many of our boys consistently let loose from range.

I’ve also never in my life understood why that was considered an insult in some football discussion circles. I’ve always thought having an accurate shot from distance as a weapon to loosen up static, low block defending.

1 Like

Sorry, I thought you meant Ramos going to Chelsea.

2 Likes

A long shot merchant is often someone who just spams a shot whenever they get the chance to. They miss a lot. It also means that they often give up favourable opportunities to attack or pass the ball to someone better placed. Very few players have both the technique and discipline.