Who would you buy?

CB…Koulibally
CM… Aouar
CF… ?

If those are his “crazy skills” I can’t say I’m impressed. He hangs on to the ball for far too long and 90% of those fouls he wouldn’t get playing for us. They’d just be turnovers of possession.

1 Like

He’s 18, that video he was 17 for most of it. If you can’t see how frighteningly good he is and the potential then…

Litterally the first passage of play you watch is him picking out an assist for a player arriving from about 20 yards away… The vision to see that run and the technical ability to deliver it on the money is top top class quality.

1 Like

All I’m saying is that there is nothing “frightening” in that video for me. A couple of good passes and a couple of good runs. Again, it’s only my opinion. He may well be a great talent but I can’t tell much from that short video to say either way. I’ve seen much better compilations of much worse players. I can’t honestly say if I’ve even seen a single 90 minutes of his so I’m in no position to judge. But thanks for posting it, it’s much appreciated. :+1:

1 Like

Depay? On a free…

I thought Barca were taking him as well as Gini?

Not sure, seen something today saying we have offered a contract.

With Origi more than likely leaving i would think we will be looking to replace him and Depay on a free is a good option.If we were looking to sign him this could maybe be used as a way of encouraging Gini to sign a new contract if he has any doubts about Barca.

Salah,Mane,Firmino,Jota,Depay and Elliott as our forward options for next season.

3 Likes

Not bad options for a front line.

A free up front,hopefully encouraging an important midfielder to renew his contract,would mean much of our focus this summer could be directed to CB where it’s needed.

1 Like

Would you be looking at a midfield at all then or just Depay and a CB?

That’s probably old news, there was no update of an improved offered contract. Looks like we won’t go above the offered one, which was a while ago.

1 Like

It really depends on who leaves.

Fabinho,Henderson,Wijnaldum,Thiago,Jones,Kieta hold great options in a 3 man midfield.If the likes of Shaqiri,Chamberlain and Milner were to move on then we would need to cover them but that need isn’t as much as a priority as covering the CB spots.

Salah,Mane,Firmino,Jota,Depay and Elliott again are great options for the 3 forward positions but we will at a point have to look for the next in line to either come through the ranks or be bought in as we will lose one or all of Salah,Mane and Firmino in the next couple of years.

2 Likes

Forward and Centre Back for me, forward doesn’t have to be the finished product, MF depends on sales for me.

2 Likes

Depay wouldn’t be much, if any, improvement over Origi.

1 Like

You Crazy GIF by memecandy

7 Likes

As much improvement as Salah is over say James at United. But Depay won’t happen. Ignoring any debate about his personality before it causes murder on here him and Wijnaldum are almost certainly going to the same club in Europe where they can live a glamorous life style on big wages for the final years of their careers. Been obvious they’ve both wanted to be at the same club that way for a while. Let’s face it Klopp works his players very hard and the Nirth West of England isn’t a wonderful place to live for all its good points.

3 Likes

Free is good. But not sure if I would want him. And as @AnfieldRdDreamer said. He is probably off to somewhere glamorous like Barca.

I think it’s a consensus among us that a top CB is needed. Cm to replace Gini. And a forward.
Any more players will probably depend on who and how many players leave this summer.

But as far as a CF. We need a class striker in as it’s a good chance someone like Haaland might end up at City… And we can’t afford to fall too far behind… Otherwise we won’t see another PL title in a long time. We need to retool fast and with quality.

1 Like

Think even with that our squad is quite over stocked right now and needs thinning out to fit them new recruits in.

Agree…The hope is for a massive clear out… With a lot of fringe and injury prone players moved on.

1 Like