Who would you buy?

I got bored of the video after watching the first 2mins and just seeing him throwing himself on the floor.
Iv heard he is a talent and maybe so, my concern is that he wont be a starter for us (imo) for a couple of seasons.
Correct me if I am wrong but he seems to play a similar role to Renato Sanches, with similar attributes.
Your thoughts?

Who would you buy, if you have a transfer budget of £100 million???

Quality, young, player who is disrespected by English media;

Feels like he belongs here!

2 Likes

But Trent Alexander Arnold already is?..

And by adding Jadon Sancho to Trent Alexander-Arnold, Mo Salah, Jordan Henderson, Alisson (maybe?) We can have the monopoly on world class footballers that English Media just bizarrely don’t seem to rate very highly.

4 Likes

Has Sancho’s star fallen? For what possible reason? The lad is bloody brilliant.

1 Like

He’s English and doesn’t play in Manchester or London hence, he’s shyte.

2 Likes

It is probably because Haaland is doing so well that he cannot help but gobble up all the headlines. Meanwhile, Sancho continues to perform admirably, and if it means we end up signing him, bring it on!

3 Likes

Certainly not fallen, but probably slightly in the shadow of Haaland… I think the clubs with big bucks can afford 1 big signing and most are fluttering their eye flashes at the blonde.

If we were ever serious about Sancho I’d be getting into his ear now and saying he is our no.1 Target, not a 2nd choice like the rest of the public fawners.

It would be then lovely we signed Sancho, Haaland went to Madrid and Utd and Chelsea were sat dicks in hand watching Europa league once again.

2 Likes

Sancho is absolutely outstanding but I’d prefer to see Elliott, a player of similar type, given the chance and recruitment focused on getting a player who’s a consistently good finisher with pace, movement and link-up play. So, basically another Jota, maybe a taller one.

Would Origi+Shaqiri do???

Pretty sure we can fit two talented young wingers into the same starting 11 let alone squad. Sancho would be a star ready to start. Elliott would be a rotation player developing for a little while yet too.

2 Likes

Do you think we’ll actually do much business this summer?

I think we’ll buy a couple with the new investment. 30 to 40 on a cb, and maybe another chunk depending on sales etc, but not expecting too many sales. Loans all around going out.

1 Like

Is this what you mean?
images (4)

6 Likes

I’m not sure the investment is going into the club is it? I thought it goes into FSG, in which case we will use sales or borrowing to finance new signings.

I think we will still see a lot of transfers going through but just on weaker terms I.e lower prices overall or with extended payment periods like we did on Thiago and Jota last year.

1 Like

The club should be able to expect a normal 2021/22 financial year which (if we aren’t recouping losses from the previous year or two) will mean we are in a good position to operate.

The new investment is supposed to mean we won’t need to recoup those losses.

We will need to “sell to buy” because we are carrying a bloated squad on the books and won’t have much wriggle room in the wage bill.

I agree 100% with your final statement.

I dont understand what you mean by ‘recouping losses’?

Surely, it’s not so much recouping them but ensuring there Is enough cash to spend on what the club wants?

The club is expected to announce a fall in revenues of approximately £120m - £150m during the last year and a bit. That probably pretty much wipes out the surplus cash the club would have generated for that period (around £60m for 2019?)

Hence the likelihood that sales and borrowing will be needed fund new players?

1 Like

Not at all. Might wipe out cash reserves but most years we find ourselves in a position we are paying off loans faster than required and/or increasing cash reserves.

Falls in revenues don’t automatically equal losses too. 4 clubs have declared 2019/20 as profitable or break even and we spent best part of fuck all and are very well run. We shouldn’t be declaring a big loss in that year, possibly even a profit (we’ll know soon).

For 2020/21 it’s more pressing but there are factors in our favour. A chunk of TV revenue from last season is delayed to this year’s accounts because of operation restart. Then there’s the expected increases due to the Nike deal. Between them they should limit some of the harm of the pandemic.

2021/22 revenues are due to be pretty much back to normal. If anything some significant costs such as our last major recruitment drives being 3 and 4 years ago should be off the books. As long as the losses from 2020/21 don’t need to be recovered from the revenues of 2021/22 then the money should be there to act. Its just about when payments are made.

The new investment was referred to as the reason why LFC will be able to go back to normal in the next financial year, we will wait and see but if so we could have a great year in terms of investment into the squad. Maybe even some form of hybrid of 2017/18-2018/19 seasons with about £320m being spent with about £205m coming in during those years and similar figures wouldn’t surprise me at all next summer/winter combined.

I think the money will be there to use on at least 3 but maybe as many as 6 recruits to come in and help the squad with most of that due to be recouped from surplus squad members being sold over the summer 21, winter 22 and summer 22.

So what you are saying is we should sign Jota?
Personally I’d sign Sancho in a heartbeat

3 Likes