Total - £65mil

In;
Konate (CB) - £30mil
Kabak (CB) - £15mil
Bissouma (CM) - £40mil
Raphinha (LFW) - £40mil

Total - £120mil : £55mil net

1 Like

Phillips and Davies 10m each :smiley: we should be so lucky lucky lucky.

3 Likes

I reckon that’s about right, English premium.

:flushed:

Is that a typo!!!

2 Likes

I don’t think the club would be prepared to let Keita go for £15M. That a loss of something like £50m I do think we’d be open to selling him, but probably looking at a fee north of £30m

Personally, I don’t think he’s going anywhere this summer.

2 Likes

Aye, especially reading the Reddy article which indicated he’d get a final 12 months to make it here… But you could replace that name with Shaqiri or Oxlade… I doubt we keep all 3.

On the face of it I agree with you, that is a big loss. Sport is a little weird when it comes to value on the pitch; the above may seem unrealistic financially but would definitely improve us on the pitch imo.

I think one of Minamino/Shaqiri will be leaving anyway and then it could be one of Ox/Keita, too.

I think the most likely outcome for Keita is a loan deal somewhere. Hopefully he can recover some form/consistency so that his value will improve. Then we can sell him the following summer.

Even then… you do know the market looks fucked at the moment, I’d be happy to get 5m for each, I think Davies will get 3m+ and Phillips probably 5m+

Be surprised if Shaqiri stays I expect one of Keita or Ox will stay and then a bit of a clear out.

Davies will make a profit, how much of one is left to be seen, be nice to see a cameo appearance at some point

We carried a larger squad this season than normal in a failed attempt to try and mitigate for the fixture congestion and ended up with a lot of players on loan that really need to finally move on.

We won’t get as good a price as we should (maybe) by selling this season but I think there needs to be a massive clear out. Holding onto these players so they’re even less appealing a year down the line and (mostly) in the final year of their deals won’t help us realise better fees for them. And this summer is the one we need to recruit in.

There are some great opportunities this summer that won’t be available again that we need to take advantage of. Players in final year of contracts, the French League (except PSG) struggling financially, many clubs recovery from the financial impact of the pandemic reliant on them selling, the situation at Inter. As a few examples.

There are chances this summer to recruit that might not come around again so waiting 12 months doesn’t make sense to me.

I think there needs to be an overhaul with as many players off the books as we can even if for diminished prices and targeted recruitment to address some deficiencies.

I feel this squad is getting older, losing its drive and energy (and that was starting to happen before the lack of fans and fixture congestion). We also aren’t as big and physically dominating looking as I feel we could be. A focus on big, physical, younger players where possible (without sacrificing technical ability) would be beneficial in my eyes.

I think it’s universally accepted that we need to add a 3rd goalkeeper (assuming Adrian and Karius have both moved on), at least one CB, at least one CM and at least one forward.

The core of the squad that definitely wouldn’t be going anywhere for me is;

Alisson, Kelleher, VvD, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Jones, Elliott, Salah and Jota.

A 3rd choice Keeper added.

I’d add two CBs a RCB and LCB so they can partner each other whilst Virgil gets back to full fitness/form (who can play either side whichever is performing best becomes his new partner). Keeping one of Davies, Phillips and Matip as emergency cover (Matip is probably too expensive for that role, it’d probably be Davies, given a chance before moving on) with the other 2 sold and Williams loaned out. Konate or Kabak for RCB, Botman or Caleta-Car for LCB.

Fullback I would go with Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Tsimikas and Williams again next year if possible as I don’t see enough change happening to try and improve here but if something has to happen then I hope we go for Achraf Hakimi who can legitimately challenge both sides meaning we’d have genuine quality guaranteed.

CM Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Milner, I’d be adding one player to replace Wijnaldum and saying goodbye to Grujic. Camavinga would be the dream, Rabiot for an experienced alternative, Gravenberch for young alternative. Doubt Bellingham moves this summer but he’s another dream signing for CM.

AM I’d be keeping Elliott and Jones. Woodburn to go and I’d only keep one of Wilson, Minamino, Shaqiri, Keita, Ox. As the role would likely be more of squad depth role I’d keep the club developed option as he’s a free hit on squad list rules whilst the others stop us being able to list other players. Not sure we would recruit in this area but if we did Sancho would be great. Goncalves could be an interesting alternative.

Forwards Salah and Jota have to stay they’re all that’s keeping us afloat. I think Firmino may move on. If it helped bring in a legitimate top option like Mbappe I’d accept Mane going too. I’m worried about his form but his value should still be sky high. If we keep Mane maybe someone like Andre Silva for the middle and hope Salah, Mane and Jota could build up good playing chemistry with him. Origi could go without even being replaced or maybe replaced by a bosman or cheap deal temporarily. A loan even. Or (as it could be real squad depth only) even one of the returning loanees in Awoniyi (if he can get clearance) or Ojo just for a season if we really need numbers. Can’t see us signing more than one or two atrackers in total.

My ideal would be;
Free, home grown 3rd choice Keeper (maybe Begovic?). Konate RCB. Botman LCB. Camavinga CM. Sancho AM/wing. Mbappe Forward.

Slightly more realistic would be Kabak instead of Konate, Rabiot (maybe even on loan) instead of Camavinga, Goncalves (maybe a loan to see I’d he is worth his clause) or even an Eriksen loan instead of Sancho and Andre Silva up top (but keep Mane only losing Firmino, whereas Mbappe would mean losing both).

1 Like

Really? When the football stopped for Covid, this team was 25 point clear at the top, and (I think) had only dropped four points in the league.

Maybe getting beaten by Watford, and going out of the CL because our goalkeeper did a mad one is what you mean by ‘losing energy and drive’?

3 Likes

Yawn. We went out of last season’s Champions League because our attack squandered a billion chances at Anfield against a team from Madrid.

Sound familiar?

10 Likes

Even so, at the point covid hit, the team wasn’t ‘losing drive and energy’ was it. That’s based off the Watford result, and going out in the CL quarter final, which seems like a kneejerk reaction to a couple of games, all the while being 25 points clear in the league.

At the point football stopped, had @AnfieldRdDreamer or anyone else suggested the team were losing drive and energy, they would have been rightly laughed at.

2 Likes

Don’t forget who was in goal giving us one of his usual howlers.

1 Like

Don’t forget that the game wouldn’t have gone to extra time in the first place if our finishing hadn’t been so shite.

1 Like

You already said that :grinning: but still we were 2-0 up that was enough until Adrian did one of his acts.

3 Likes

We tailed off back end of last season but given the massive break and then winning the league with so many games to go that was perhaps understandable. And whilst we didn’t hit the same heights early on this season, we should remember that we were top of the league about 15 games in.

The issue is once that veneer of invincibility went, we’ve struggled hugely to get out of the blip and put a run together. Yes the injuries haven’t helped but the team does not look the same. Heads are down, the energy has definitely dropped and the joy seems to have been sucked out of the team. Again, understandable when you’ve had three amazing seasons and then hit one where not a lot has gone right. And then you add in Klopp’s own personal issues this year and it’s no wonder we haven’t been at it.

The question is, is the summer break and the return of Hendo and Virgil enough to turn it around or do we need some fresh impetus. For a good few there is are international commitments this summer to contend with too so it’s not as if they’ll get a full break.

As Phil Mcnulty pointed out in his piece on the BBC today, seven of those who started last night also started the CL final we lost to Madrid. Had Henderson and van Dijk been fit that would almost certainly have been nine of the eleven, meaning we’re still heavily reliant on that same core group with only Alisson and Fabinho having come in and established their place in the team since then.

However, when you look at the bench, none of the players that started that final on the bench are even at the club anymore. What we’ve done since then is essentially add two to our best eleven and then replaced our squad players.

I think this is probably the most critical window of Klopp’s tenure and as @AnfieldRdDreamer points out, there will be opportunities this summer that may not exist next summer so now is the time to bring in some new faces that get into that best eleven.

3 Likes

And you’ve already said that. Loads of times. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Really… thought this was the first time … :sunglasses: