Who would you buy?

There is very little evidence he is a good shot stopper. He had a couple of good performances over a year ago and but ever since he has looked like a 50 year old man with a bad back.

It takes him three minutes to dive for a shot.

4 Likes

Also plenty of evidence that he’s actually shite with the ball at his feet. Maybe he was good once but on the evidence of the last twelve months he’s now fucking terrible.

3 Likes

Sergio Romero might be available but I doubt we will do a deal with United and vice versa… He is an able deputy. Good keeper.

I didn’t expect to be interested in transfer deadline day,just watching other clubs desperately scrambling for players,fuck sake.

2 Likes

As much as we would like a last minute keeper, I doubt it’ll happen today. Any decent EFL keepers out there?

1 Like

That’s why I asked, as well as being a Chelsea player on loan.

He’s passed the ball to the opposition at least 3 times leading to a goal - Atletico, Southampton and yesterday.

Hilarious defence of him. He’s fucking awful. The worst keeper we’ve had since the likes of Itandje and Padelli.

7 Likes

Where’s good old Paul Jones when you need him?

:sunglasses:

I have been one to defend Adrian. Made a good contribution to our title last season. First 8 games, 8 wins, with him in goal. Obviously nowhere near as good as Alisson, but for a back up, fine.

However…

Atletico happened, which was most disappointing. We could have won the CL again, but it was undermined by a bad error. Mind you, the strikers were below par too, as we struggled to lay a meaningful glove on Atletico, but the game was largely remembered for Adrian’s howler.

What do you do? Well, you circle the wagons and back your man. Everyone can make a mistake.

Now let’s fast forward to yesterday…

Ouch. Bad howler. It started us off on the wrong foot, filled the Villa players with confidence, and we were overran, with subpar performances all over the park.

At this point I’m inclined to be less charitable to Adrian, but unless we sign another keeper, I don’t know what the answer is, and would lean towards persisting with him until Alisson is back. Maybe Kelleher leapfrogs above him in the pecking order, and maybe the lad takes his chance. Or maybe he doesn’t, and it really sets him back in his development?

Tough situation. I’d like to think I’m a fair person and will extend the benefit of the doubt, but Adrian is stretching it for me. If he continues to get the nod until Alisson returns, we have to back him, as fans getting on his back will only make it worse.

9 Likes

Just to ask, so, we can sign/register someone from the EFL until October 16th? Or?

Oh is he? Worse than Bogdan? Brad Jones?

It would be nice if we could discuss these things without Hyperbole.

1 Like

What’s Hyperbole’s average save %?

2 Likes

Matty Hyperbole’s save percentage is a billion percent. I might be exaggerating a bit.

3 Likes

So he says.

Not a particularly strong defence of him to say he’s not as bad as Adam Bogdan. It is realistic though in fairness, he is in the ball park.

Not sure what it says for Kelleher, Jaros and Grabara that they are behind him in the pecking order. Surely Kelleher is trying to keep himself in Klopp’s eye line during training this week.

(Disclaimer: I don’t think Kelleher is any better than Adrian but he personally must think this is now or never for him given the form of the guy ahead of him)

1 Like

I think realistically you are just not going to get a young keeper break through at LFC. The size is too big. I don’t think Kelleher is that good, but even if he is he is still making mistakes at his age.

Can you imagine it? Look at the reaction to Nico in a game he was actually alright in. We’d destroy the lad.

2 Likes

I would rather see Litotes in goal. He’s not too bad.

1 Like

Correct. Premier League teams can sign EFL players until 16 October.

I wonder, is there a suitable goalie or centre-back, that we could pick up before we play the blueshite? :thinking:

2 Likes

David Raya? Too short. :joy:

1 Like

Liverpool are reportedly one of four clubs who have bid for a 13 year old from Peterborough United. Price expected to be £100k.

Peterborough also have long term target, striker Ricky Jade-Jones (17), but Peterborough are currently looking for a significant fee having turned down a £1m+ bid a few months ago.

1 Like