Who would you buy?

We’ve delt with him before when we signed Belotelli.

Not entirely sure Klopp and Edwards would go near that fat fuck ever again

1 Like

We are actually one of the top payers to “parasites” in world football in last years…

I know Raiola brings some baggage with him, but we can secure ourselves well enough. It will mostly come down to how successful is a certain player for us.

I’d say focus more on the player and character you’re bringing in. We don’t need Raiola as a sign to avoid the likes of Balotelli.

3 Likes

I know we depend a lot on the agents, but Raiola (there’s another thug whos name I can’t remember ATM) is a completely different evil. There’s this whisper that he incites players to move on to have another slice for himself.

1 Like

I know we pay agents a lot of dough but as far as I can tell we’ve not had dealings with him for quite some time.

There are certain agents that clubs won’t deal with and certain agents who won’t deal with particular clubs.

It might just be one of those things where we’d rather avoid dealing with him in particular.

1 Like

Neuhaus wants to stay at Gladbach for at least another year so makes it even more likely that we are going for Bissouma.

1 Like

Kabak, Konate, Bissouma, Tammy Abraham

Would love that.

3 Likes

I just can’t get on board with this Tammy Abraham love in. Huge risk that we spend £40mil we can never re-coup and another player on the bench earning a high salary. If I had the choice, for a similar outlay as it would be for the players on your list, I would go for;

Kabak, Konate, Sancho.

Sancho is double the price but very low risk in comparison.

Or even better, and again for a similar outlay, I would go for;

Kabak, Mbappe.

Obviously it isn’t that simple, but…

Abrahams is totally different to either Sancho or Mbappe and plays in a position/style that neither of the other 2 could do. Plus, he has shown that if played he will score goals, and with Bobby struggling like he has been this season, having someone like Abrahams to act as a focal point and can get onto the end of some of Trents and Robbos crosses is something at the moment we don’t have.

Neither Mbappe or Sancho would do that, they will look to move around and get the ball to their feet and play through defences - Tammy will just batter them

5 Likes

What makes you think Tammy Abraham would be on a high salary?

Klopp constantly giving praise to players like Bamford and Watkins.

At Dortmund he had Lewandowski, Barrios and Immobile.

Think he ‘misses’ having a bigger man up front - especially this season where we are not scoring enough.

2 Likes

Pure speculation, but a player coming form Chelsea, an English player at that (seem to be able to demand a premium), he won’t be on less than £100k a week if we sign him.

He’s a Chelsea Youth player though. Hasn’t signed a new deal since breaking into the senior side. Could well be on only a little more than Solanke and Brewster were on and more than willing to accept what we pay Origi, possibly even less (Origi last signed a contract just after helping us win the CL).

If it is the style we want then there must be better out there. Hell, let’s go all in for Kane. For me Tammy is West Ham, Everton quality. We should be looking for players who can change big champions league games. I can’t see Tammy developing into that in the near future, or at all. He may be good enough to finish chances, but the way we play requires all of the foreword players to get involved in creating, finishing and pressing. I just don’t think he is a good enough footballer for us.

I may be carrying some bias here, I saw him play a few times for Bristol City, he was good but nothing special at that level. Granted it was five years ago, but any player who is going to go on to be one of the best in the world, I’d expect to look special at that level even at 18. Ryan Kent for instance looked a lot more impressive, and I’m not saying he’s going to be one of the best in the world!

But you want us to sign Kane instead? Do you know how unspecial Kane looked at that age? Tammy actually has a better goal and goal contribution rate this season than Jota does. Its not ability that is keeping him on the bench there. Their managers have to play the shiny new toys their owner buys for them regardless of merit. Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku and Sturridge among others have experienced the same thing.

9 Likes

Sorry @Aurelio but can’t take anyone serious who mentions Kane as a transfer target after 5 years of Klopp being our manager.

1 Like

This is a daft hypothetical, but if Klopp is offered Abraham or Kane to join the ranks, I’m fairly confident I know which one he is going to pick.

1 Like

I really don’t think Tammy is going to be another Salah, De Bruyne etc. Mount and James don’t seem to have had the same issue getting into the side despite not being ‘shiny’.

He would take that Kane money and spend it on Kabak, Bissouma and Abraham :wink:

With the money that’s left he would buy FIFA FOOTBALL MANAGER 2022 and give it to posters like @Aurelio and @Thomas1195 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Haha! That’s a signed copy I assume? Not going to turn that down.

I honestly cannot believe we are comparing Kane and Abraham, madness.

2 Likes

I can’t believe we’re discussing Kane. It feels wrong on so many levels

6 Likes