Who would you buy?

Is Arry Kane also a generational talent? :joy:

1 Like

Kane is an amazing player and would be a great foil for the players already here. A huge upgrade.

But there are lots of reasons it won’t and shouldn’t happen, it’s fantasy talk.

Edit: And unless the transfer department is suddenly being ran by 12 year olds I highly doubt they put aside a ‘generational talent’ fund.

7 Likes

If I had a free pick of any player in the EPL I would definitely take Harry Kane…Jack Grealish as the reserve. I love watching that lad play.

3 Likes

Konate, Kabak, Bissouma, Sancho, Abraham

1 Like

Make It Rain Reaction GIF

11 Likes

A young Michael Edwards in transfer negotiations! Great clip.

Obviously outgoings too, for example, Bobby to Atletico and Ox to Dortmund goes most/all of the way to buying Sancho. More outgoings to be expected too.

The group of players I named would be very ambitions, but hopefully we have half a chance of doing something like that, assuming we were determined to have as big a summer as possible to stay at and around the top.

3 Likes

Not the first time he’s mentioning/praising players in press conferences, sometimes he’s asked about players or a team and he names a few.

Immobile is anything but a target man, he’s more of a runs in behind type of finisher.

If we go only by height, we can, but that is only one aspect of a football player. Plus, Immobile was quite a big flop at Dortmund while we’re at it.

I don’t know why we’re suddenly horny over a big striker in pure physical size or height. Our game is still based on defending from the front, we need active players. That doesn’t necessarily mean another Bobby, although you can bet Klopp would move mountains to find one.

Back when we had the likes of Carroll, Balotelli and Benteke, we cried that it’s too slow, passive and not good enough. Now, we want size. We need quality.

Give me simply a quality forward/striker one who can finish (need more ‘security’ there other than Salah), but not only that, because we need more than that. You have tons of players who were tall/muscular, but didn’t even play that way (attacking the box or finishing well) or were soft pussies.

4 Likes

wrestlemania xiv wrestling GIF by WWE

3 Likes

Odegaard, Eze, Saint-Maximin, a decent centre half and we’re having the lot next season.

1 Like

Reports saying we want Florian Thauvin from Marseille on a free transfer.

Looks like he might be joining Gignac.

2 Likes

Need a new starting forward. Neither Firmino or Jota should be first eleven players. Firmino hasn’t done enough this season nor last, performances have been wavering and just doesn’t score enough. Jota good signing and player but he’s not an elite level player. Good player to come off the bench, to rotate but not quite at the level we need. At least on form so far.

Mane hasn’t been great this season either but he has enough credit in the bank plus there will be only so much funds available.

Botman rated much higher than Kabak or Konate.

2 Likes

Is he? By whom?

Botman is left-footed so we going to say to the best defender in the world sorry we know you play on the left side of our defence but you have to switch for a guy that plays in the France competition witch I don’t hold high and isn’t even a proper Dutch international.

I’ll pass.

Botman plays regularly and his team about to win french title, someone mentioned Konate only completed 4 full games due to injuries , I’m asking questions here as I don’t know and don’t watch them, good point about being left footed though

1 Like

Konate has a lot more pace than Botman, which seems to be important if we are going to play the high line. Both big and commanding in their presence, and Botman is a good player, but yes, I wouldn’t be moving VVD across for him.

I think Konate’s injuries are a concern, but on second glance not perhaps as bad as some make out, but then either way, the club will do its due diligence and if satisfied, bring it on.

1 Like

Botman isn’t slow for a CB. But I don’t think it’s Konate vs Botman anyway. Konate is RCB and Botman is LCB and they’d be really complimentary. Konate could be a player (if his injury worries are foundless) that challenges to a regular starting role. Botman would be good enough to at least play a lot initially as VvD and Gomez get brought back to fitness and could well end up getting a regular role too if he plays his way into it. He’s young enough to develop further under VvD tutoring too so could take over as the main starter within a couple of seasons anyway. That balance looks right to me.

VvD: First name when fit and rested and RCB, CCB (if we field a back 3) and LCB.
Konate: If he can stay fit and adapt well could be all set for the main choice at RCB or emergency LCB.
Gomez: When he’s back a good RCB option, OK LCB option, emergency cover at both fullbacks and even a left field option at DM.
Botman: Real good potential option at LCB who could cement himself as one of or even the main option at LCB.
Matip/Williams/Phillips/Davies: One of these as emergency cover. Davies would be a LCB but the rest RCB options with only Williams able to cover LCB.

1 Like

@AnfieldRdDreamer why couldn’t Phillips or Matip cover the left?

1 Like

Phillips is probably a too limited right footer to play LCB.

And Matip literally never played LCB for us yet, so that one we’d have to see how he’d do. To say he couldn’t do it, we exaggerate, but we simply don’t know.

2 Likes

Matip has never been moved to LCB by Klopp even when it made more sense (existing partnerships and stuff) its always been his partner shifted over. I’m guessing Klopp judges him unable to cover there. Yet again with Phillips everyone else (who usually play RCB) keep getting shifted to LCB to keep Phillips there. Maybe saying they can’t is a stretch but any CB partnerships other than them two together seems likely that Klopp would be playing the other CB on the left and Matip/Phillips on the right.

1 Like