1st Trip to Anfield 22/4

What time’s your flight out on Sunday?

As @The-AllMightyReds suggests, stay in Liverpool on the night and go from there.

The other option is National Express coach - they often run to the airports direct, albeit Gatwick’s South of London so no fun on a coach compared to Heathrow.

Example - there’s a coach from Liverpool One down to Heathrow on Sat night that gets you to Heathrow for 5.35 AM

I found a train from Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston.

Can I just get a cab after the game to that station?

maybe check that same train link I sent you for connections from Lime St to Piccadilly?

Are there no trains from Liverpool to Manchester? Cab will be much more expensive.

What time’s the train leave Manchester?

Okay, I think I found something!

Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester
Depart: 6:54pm
Arrive: 7:54pm

Manchester to London
Depart: 8:15pm
Arrive: 10:58

1 Like

I’m booking this now so let me know if anything is incorrect lol. I appreciate y’all so much!

1 Like

I think there are two train stations in Manchester… Make sure it is the same one for arrival and departure

1 Like

Another route is Liverpool South Parkway to Crewe
Crewe to Euston

1 Like

There are more than two, but the connection to Liverpool and London is via Manchester Piccadilly

2 Likes

Did @LuisSuarez make it back from the match? Or was he abducted by aliens/Evertonians (same thing, really)? :thinking:

1 Like

He still sitting in his seat making the most of it… even the security can’t shift him :0)

2 Likes

Hahaha…what an experience! We ended up making it back to London but man that was a long travel. Also, they wouldn’t let us go down closer to the pitch when they were warming up. We had to stay in our area :frowning:

1 Like

That’s a shame. I haven’t been since Covid struck, so they must have changed it since I was last there.

Hope you had a memorable experience, though.

1 Like

You almost lost us the match.

1 Like

yeah that’s a long fucking day to have to travel back to London same day.

we had an AirBNB close to center of town for a couple days then did our flights from Manchester to Heathrow to Toronto to Vancouver in one looooooong day. think it was second only to my Vancouver>Singapore via Incheon

Try going from Manc to Maui in one go :wink:

which way did they send you? that’s a hell of a jaunt.

Manc LHR Chicago SFO OGG.

With a 4 year old.