21/22 Final PL table prediction game

1 Like

Leeds to be the outsiders with a chance, Chelsea to run Liverpool close. Just six points to spare for the Champions and CL winners. Young player of the Year Harvey Elliot and Writers Player of the Year Thiago in demand by top Spanish Club Athletico according to the papers!

1 Like

Hey Rambler, if you can, could you post a pic of your table (or failing that write it out manually)? Unfortunately when I click on that link it’s blank for me.

1 Like

I understood this as what you think will happen. A lot of people seem to understand it as what you want to happen.

2 Likes

What if those “wants to happen” coincide?!

Why then does nobody have Everton getting relegated yet?! Poor form from anyone approaching it on the basis of what they want to happen!

2 Likes
2 Likes

That never happens :wink:

1 Like

True, although a surprising number of people don’t want Everton to be relegated because they like the derby for some reason.

Leeds above Man U though? Surely wishful thinking

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

After being the only pundit to predict we wouldn’t finish in the top 4, I think I can safely ignore Jermaine Beckford’s opinions from here on in…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Pat Nevin: Liverpool still don’t look like they have a big enough squad to win the league, but then I’ve said that about them before. They have got Virgil van Dijk back now, which makes a massive difference, but I kind of think they need another serious striker.

:joy:

He’s talking about a squad that amassed 110pts out of a possible 114, 6pts more than any other team has ever achieved over a rolling 38 games.
To that squad we’ve then added Thiago, Tsimikas, Jota and Konate.

Fuck off Nevin, you imbecile.

2 Likes

Our forward corps is the envy of world football with the possible sole exception now of PSG. Salah, Mané, Jota (if we accept that Bobby is more of a facilitator than what Nevin likely means by “serious” striker) is an absolutely brilliant collection of goalscorers.

FFS, he has City down for first when they are desperately trying to sign a £100m+ striker to pair with the out-of-favor Raheem Sterling who is a notoriously subpar finisher/tap-in merchant and Riyad Mahrez whose record goal tally for City is 11. :roll_eyes:

Big enough squad? If we include Foden in that group, City used 6 midfielders last season including the now 36 year old Fernandinho. Counting Foden as a forward, they’re down to Gabriel Jesus, Sterling, Mahrez, Foden, and Torres (for now). It remains to be seen where Grealish will play, but their squad numbers actually aren’t all that.

I’d love to see what Mikey Edwards could have assembled on half a billion pounds net spend over the last 5 years.

3 Likes

Maybe this should be pinned as first post in this thread.

Am not interested in making predictions but I am starting to think about betting 200€ on us winning the league.

2 Likes
  1. Liverpool
  2. Man City
  3. Chelsea
  4. Leicester
  5. Man Utd
  6. Tottenham
  7. Arsenal
  8. Leeds
  9. West Ham
  10. Everton
  11. Aston Villa
  12. Brighton
  13. Newcastle
  14. Southampton
  15. Wolves
  16. Brentford
  17. Burnley
  18. Crystal Palace
  19. Norwich
  20. Watford
1 Like

Some real “names” of the sport in that group. FFS!