A hypothetical question

Depends what you’re smoking… :yo-yo: Thank God for Klopp!

1 Like

I would vote for both. Because as others have said, I don’t think that winning the title would have changed anything regarding Rodgers. Suarez would have left anyway, and we would have suffered the same injuries and the same flaws as we did after finishing close second. Winning the title would have made Rodgers even more arrogant and unbearable, and we would have imploded the exact same way.

Thus , we would have Klopp anyway as we speak.

(I still voted Klopp, just to make sure. Having to endure five more years of Rodgers at this club would have been too much for me. :laughing:)

1 Like

On reflection I’d probably vote winning the league in 13/14 as well. For Stevie. One less title for the cheats as well. It wouldn’t have changed anything with Klopp so that’s another reason. As soon as Klopp became available we’d have gone in for him, regardless of whether Rodgers had won us the league title the year before.

The Owners wanted Klopp from way before they got Rodgers and you can guarantee that the traits about Rodgers that rub people up the wrong way would have been exacerbated exponentially by a league win. Can you imagine?

So yeah, league win in 13/14 because Klopp would have replaced Rodgers anyway.

2 Likes

That makes the hypothetical scenario easier to answer. Imagine we wouldn’t have got Klopp, maybe United signed him, am presuming the answer changes?

Of course. The only correct answer is to end up with Klopp managing Liverpool.

1 Like

Rodgers would have combusted regardless of whether he won the league or not. And him getting another couple of years because of that would probably have meant that we’d have missed out on signing Klopp.

Probably would have been different if you had asked the day after the season we missed out under Klopp.

One of the oddest feelings is I can now live with all the near misses and seeing the red ribbons on the PL coverage is lovely.

I’m not over them just yet. We should have won the league a few times in those 30 years but didn’t. When we’ve won the league 3 or 4 more times when we don’t really deserve to, then I’ll feel a bit better about it all. Particularly if it’s United losing out each time :smirk:

Klopp is twenty times the manager and man that BR is. He’s the only answer.

But I’ve voted for Rich, he’d have seen us win it. That matters.

1 Like

They’ll be competing to get back into the PL in a few years :slight_smile:

My God that 13/14 team was a lot of fun.

But either/or? Klopp, obviously.

But that year was amazing.

1 Like