AFCON and Football in Africa

Only watched 3 games but shocked how poor the quality has been and those games have involved the two finalists. Lower championship level I would say…or worse.

2 Likes

I think the games got better in KO stages.

Rooting for Senegal :senegal: but wouldn’t be too heartbroken if Egypt wins it :egypt:

1 Like

On their way to the final Egypt scored just 3 goals in 6 games in regular time. Tells everything about the quality of the tournament.

2 Likes

I didn’t watch any of the group games, thank goodness.

I thought the semi final between Cameroon and Egypt was dire. Neither side could string together more than a couple of passes…admittedly the pitch didn’t look great but still…

I have probably watched just 3-4 games. Morocco vs. Egypt and Senegal vs. Burkina Faso games were good IMO.

1 Like

It’s felt like international football from several years ago.

It’s kind of odd as African teams have always been more entertaining at the world cups than some. It has been better than the joke of the Copa America but not much better.

1 Like

Senegal: E Mendy, Ciss, Koulibaly, Diallo, B Sarr, Gueye, N Mendy, Kouyate, Mane, Diedhiou, I Sarr

Egypt: Gabaski, Ashour, Abdelmonem, Hamdi, El Fotouh, Elneny, El Soleya, Fathi, Salah, Mohamed, Marmoush

Don’t even recognize most of the names (except Salah and Elneny) for the Egyptian Side. It’s almost like they overachieved coming to the finals in itself.

2 Likes

About to kick-off :popcorn:

Penalty Senegal

Do you always have the fastest stream :grin:

This goalkeeper is a penalty killer.

Saved 4 pens in this tournament already.

Oh oh Sadio…

Guess who shouldn’t take over penalty duties.

2 Likes

Sadio attempting his signature 1:1 move ball goes out of play.

EDIT: my stream is so far behind. :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::crazy_face::crazy_face:

It’s on sky 401…

Salah got in his head there!!

Fabinho should be taking ours anyhow

Mo had a word with the keeper and told him where Sadio was going to put it. :grinning:

There is no point in having Mo play for Egypt.

1 Like

Sadio talking shite, telling keeper go back in his goal. :joy::joy:

EDIT: credit the keeper, nice save.

And for the record, as much as I love Mo and my love is well documented, I am #TeamSadio in thus match.

1 Like