AFCON and Football in Africa

Wonder if Mo regrets not stepping up.

Why didn’t he? he should know a pen shoot out is never guaranteed to go 5 takers each.

1 Like

Bit harsh. I wouldn’t be giving hugs out either

2 Likes

Why do they have to keep mentioning that mane should have been sent off, is it because he plays for the best club in the world.

1 Like

Gutted for Mo :frowning: Senegal deserved to win it though. Ah well.

4 Likes

Mo gutted :disappointed:

1 Like

I would, I’m just a friendly hugger :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s an amazing graphic. Wow. :heart_eyes::pray:t2:

2 Likes

He’s been carrying the hopes and dreams of his country on his shoulders.

Always find it strange when they keep best penalty taker for last. Often doesn’t get that far. Should have been 1 or 3

4 Likes

I’ve heard that Egypt will play Senegal in a 2-leg match to qualify for World Cup? If Mo was not planning to go, I guess that he will go to those 2 matches now. :pensive:

2 Likes

Why should he not go in the first place? He’ll go 100%.

3 Likes

At least we scored 3 goals in the 90 minutes.

2 Likes

Wow that was one perfect penalty. Congratulations Mané. So happy for you.

1 Like

I’ve wondered that myself. Much better to go with your guaranteed takers and hope it doesn’t even get to your weaker players.

I wish they’d fuck off with that sad music! Get some fucking Daft Punk on to cheer them up.

Absolutely buzzing for Sadio but heartbroken for Mo.

3 Likes

You can bet that @WooltonRed is also buzzing for Mane.

Isn’t that right @WooltonRed? Aren’t you just buzzing?

2 Likes

All the FIFA officials are taking mobile phone selfies with Sadio at the center of the pitch.

Trezuguet absolutely inconsolable. He’s taking this very hard. :pensive:

EDIT: I was #TeamSadio in this match and I love all the Senegal players, all except Edouard Mendy. Smug, arrogant, and overrated.

4 Likes

This is beautiful.

2 Likes

Glad for Sadio, Senegal definitely deserved it from their performance over the competition. Feel for Mo, such a fantastic player playing for such weak team.

3 Likes

Congratulations Senegal, well deserved.

Mo, you will win next time. I can’t help feeling so sorry for Mo. In these tournaments, there is only one winner.

1 Like