AFCON and Football in Africa

Keïta won and played 90 minutes, they will squeeze every drop out of him and play him every minute … :skull:

For those interested, apparently BBC have rights to 10 AFCON matches, including Nigeria v. Egypt tomorrow.

savages.

Nigéria vs Egypt currently

That match was pretty dire. But I’m sure it was exhausting due to the heat and humidity (31 degrees)

Farcical that they can’t find a ball with the right pressure :roll_eyes:

Come on Nigeria…send Mo home early…

2 Likes

Awoniyi’s time to shine?

1 Like

Lovely finish by Nigeria.

Just looked him up. I’ve never heard of him….is he still our player then?

Nope, we sold him to Union Berlin in the summer, after he finally got a work permit. Still have a soft spot for him though, the one time I saw an interview he gave he sounded very down-to-earth and realistic about where his career was at.

Doing well in the Bundesliga so far this season too, 4th highest goalscorer I think?

I’m surprised Egypt have had more possession.

You would not have thought that just by looking at it, most of the stats seem to suggest that Egypt are dominating the game, but it looks very one-sided…

1 Like

It is Nigeria is the far better side, Salah is on his own against 3 or 4 defenders

1 Like

Origi would have buried that.

Yeah I’m half watching it but every time the commentator speaks up it’s a Nigérian chance or Salah chásing the ball.

Poor mess up by Nigeria should be 2-0

In todays lesson of how not best to utilise the best player in the world… Play 5-5-0

Questionable what can you do with that team apart from Salah and… who else? I only know Hegazy and Elneny out of those.

Looks like Queiroz has decided to move him from the right side to a more central/free role. It looks like he’s playing the right sided striker in a 4-4-2.

I don’t know if I’m right with this impression, but I feel like you wouldn’t realise how there are some really talented players on the pitch, given how dire the match has been so far. Sloppy passing, slow play, no real movement going on most of the time…

Are Egypt that good, I noticed they were one of the favourites and they are 6th best in the continent but I’m not seeing much whenever I see them or follow their results.

1 Like

Nigeria :nigeria: 1-0 Egypt :egypt:. FT. :grin:
Watched last 10 minutes poor game.

2 Likes