AFCON and Football in Africa

Ghana don’t look all that great though I’m watching the snooker more. (Tablet)

1-1 you couldn’t head it anywhere better.

Not sure how the keeper got hurt then, the other player looked like he would have got more of an injury.

1 Like

Ghana missing Kudus and Partey, probably 2 of their most influential players could prove costly.

Cape Verde have had a few more than decent chances late on to win this game.

Gotta love the AFCON :rofl: :rofl: :man_facepalming:

If Ghana beat Egypt there is a good chance of Mo coming back early :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Third place goes through and surely Egypt can’t be as bad against Cape Verde. Hopefully they avoid top mind as it might be a challenge in the knock outs.

Does Ghana have a snooker tradition?

You know what he’s like. He gets upset if he’s subbed in a friendly.

I don’t mind that. As long as he comes back from the afcon as quickly as possible.

Cape Verde been there or thereabout in African football for last 10-12 years.

2013: Qualified for AFCON and advanced to QF
2014: Finished second in second-round WCQ
2015: Qualified for AFCON
2017: Finished second in AFCON qualification
2018: Finished third in third-round WCQ
2019: Finished bottom in AFCON qualification
2021: Qualified for AFCON and advanced to R16
2022: Finished second in second-round WCQ

Nani, Jorge Andrade, Vieira, and Henrik Larsson have Cape Verdian lineage.

:cape_verde:

1 Like

As did…

1 Like

Didn’t understand a word, but the music and vibe is awesome :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Fast And Furious Shaw GIF by The Fast Saga

Remember when Carra put a hole in his leg and he went hopping to the ref crying before Stevie told him to fuck off.

So who’s a favourite for this one? Egypt and Senegal again?
Maybe Morocco?

Wide open betting this year:

1 Like

I thought the strongest sides before the competition began were Morocco and Nigeria. There are 3-4 others with a fair outside chance and that’s what I like with AFCON compared to the Copa America or Asian Cup, there isn’t just 2 nations.

I know they made the final last time out but Egypt are terrible, can’t see them making it past the quarters.

With the risk of sounding selfish, I’m not sure I’d like them to make it past the QF. While I didn’t expect anything this season after the complete revamp in the summer, we’re in a pretty healthy position. :laughing:
Thanks, I don’t have any idea about African nations football, but I kind of enjoy watching them play in AFCON.

AFCON is great mate and not just for the football but for the hysteria, whether it be referees blowing the whistle 5 mins early or the little ambulance go kart bumping into the injured player whilst he was on the floor to goalkeepers doing things like this…

Senegal 1-0 up assist from Sadio Mané :+1:

Gambia with 10 men in the second half.

This one is great also, if you speak frenchm you might get half of the lyrics. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: