AFCON and Football in Africa

I did not even see that, good news. :+1:

Arsenal is Sunday, I would be surprised if he is fit for that match.

Egypt, the Scotland of AFCON

2 Likes

So, Egypt is out? Mo will be very disappointed, and I feel sorry for him, but the chance that they were making it to the final was very slim anyway. Now itā€™s time for him to focus on getting fit and on the end of this season which, if heā€™s up for it, could be pretty special yet. Fingers crossed!

4 Likes

The Scotland ladies would beat them.

2 Likes

You missed the point of that post :sweat_smile:

It was a reference to the 74 world cup when a fancied Scotland side finished the group stage unbeaten including drawing against Brazil, but still went out on GD.

Ah.

Sounds like Algeria in 1982

Scotland / Algeriaā€¦basically the same place

Story of my life ā€¦ :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

What is wrong with Ivory Coast.

Nice play by Sadio on the byline, chest down and some strike by Diallo to find the roof of the net.

Naughty by Mane there, that could very well be a red card.

Joke of a referee

Memdy didnā€™t move for any of those pens :man_shrugging:t2:

One shock after the other with this AFCON, itā€™s why itā€™s the best!!

Lovely worked goal it was by the South Africans.

Could be a pen to Morocco right here, ball was blasted at him from 2 yards away but his hand is out and outstretched. Has to be a pen.

Oh dear, Hakimi hits the bar from the spot.

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahahaha Amrabat sent off for 2nd yellow for a clear barge when the South African player was 1 on 1.

Ref goes over to VARā€¦Commentator - ā€œIs this red gonna stand? Will the red be rescindedā€

No you idiot.

Ref comes back over and shows him a straight red instead (quite rightly)ā€¦South Africa go on to score a screamer from the free kick. Morocco out :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not sure what that was all about

Nigeria vs Angola :nigeria: :angola:
Congo vs Guinea :congo_kinshasa: :guinea:
Mali vs Ivory Coast :mali: :cote_divoire:
Cape Verde vs South Africa :cape_verde: :south_africa:

The keeping in this competition really is something else. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

VAR could intervene for offside. Offside it is, it did look so.

1 Like

Some goal by the Malian to break the deadlock against 10 men Ivory Coast. Youā€™ll never see a tournament with as many shocks in it as this yearā€™s AFCON. The commentary said he didnā€™t celebrate because he was born in Ivory Coastā€¦his wiki page suggests he was born in Mali :man_shrugging:

Not been a day for Kossounou, gave away the pen (which Mali missed) then already on a yellow brings down the player just outside the box after being nutmeggedā€¦2nd yellow.

Wow scenes, fair play Ivory Coastā€¦stuck to it despite playing whole 2nd half and ET with 10. Beautiful flick to wrongfoot the keeper.

1 Like