AFCON and Football in Africa

Nigeria vs South Africa
Ivory Coast vs DR Congo

Nice play between Chukwueze and Osimhen, footwork in particular by Osimhen to change direction and sprint into the pen box was niceā€¦ Bit silly from the defender to lunge across him like that, heā€™s going nowhere.

Pen by Troost Ekong slotted cooly down the middle.

Been a bit dull until this point.

Osimhen makes it 2, devastating counter. Osayi Samuel is RAPID.

Possibly offside maybe? Nope, heā€™s behind the ball but a VAR for a possible pen for South Africaā€¦interesting!!

Goal ruled out and South Africa awarded a pen!! Great decision. I love Afcon!!!

& scores. 1-1

The referee was right there and saw it clearly no penalty. This is bull shite

Nigeria vs Ivory Coast :nigeria: :cote_divoire:

Been a tight game with few chances so far but looks like CIV have saved their best performance for the final.

& as I say that Troost Ekong puts Nigeria ahead from the corner with their first real attack. Great header after the flick on looped about 500ft in the air.

Very impressed with Bassey this tournament, having a very good season as a whole.

How many goals from set pieces this weekend. Kessie all alone at the far stick.

1-1

Great play Adingra, Haller lovely finish. 2-1 CIV! Nigeria havenā€™t turned up to this final.

This will go to ET now.

2-1 Ivory Coast. Haller. I was wrong, looks like Nigeria are done

Rwanda is messing around in that region for a while now.

https://x.com/migueldelaney/status/1803117136019091564?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

More fixture chaos incomingā€¦

3 Likes

Bloody foreigners.

Fify

1 Like

Probably best to avoid more than one or two from that market.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œBekloppt, post:942, topic:2214, full:trueā€]

FIFY

1 Like

I cannot believe how inept FIFA are they donā€™t care a hoot about anybody else they will shoehorn AFCON anywhere it will not interfere with their money making schemes

Fixed

1 Like

Great minds think alike I hadnā€™t seen your post prior