Al-Sandcastle - the sportswashing barcodes

How fucking dumb is this guy. Already banned for a year, carries on gambling, gets caught again :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s a very badly written piece, but there is no indication in these charges that he continued betting after the Italian investigation was announced. No report I have seen explicitly says if these FA charges are for the same bets as covered by the Italian charges, but they are at least in a date range that predate that investigation being announced.

Putting the pieces together is seems like the Italian FA charges ended at the time he left Italy, and these charges cover the first couple of months he was registered as a newcastle player

1 Like

Will still most likely be an extended ban as he allegedly placed bets while in the PL.

1 Like

Yeah, these bets cover a period of an additional 2 months or so beyond the period covered by the Italian charges. The initial ban was 12 months from the time of the last bet included int he charges, so youā€™d imagine the impact of these charges on his ban is fairly straight forward and pushes it out until mid Oct

Screws over Sandcastle. Well fucking done.

1 Like

All the more sweeter as they were in for Dom before we got the deal done.

The later bets were parantely all in P/L games this season. As per the article

Tonali joined Newcastle from AC Milan in July for Ā£55m.

The FA alleges Tonali broke its rules by placing 50 bets on matches between 12 August and 12 October 2023.

So he was already being investigated by the Italian FA, sold to and English club and then placed 50 bets on games in his new league.

The Italian investigation was not announced until October. These new charges cover a period from August through to October, from the time he started at Newcastle until the week before the Italian charges were announced.

either wayā€¦what a fucking idiot

1 Like

He was stupid in what he has done.
He has gambling addiction problem, he needs help to stop this.

1 Like

Speaking as someone who let gambling get out of control many many years ago, he first of all needs to.
Admit to himself that he has a problem.
Reach out and seek help himself.
Heā€™ll then get all the help and support he needs.

Without completing the first 2 steps, the third step isnā€™t happening.

6 Likes

Hope itā€™s all under control now, Dane. I think I remember you posting regular accumulator bets on here six-twelve (?) months ago.

1 Like

Cheers, it is.
I still do the occasional accumulator or golf bet with no issues.
Difference these days is I only bet what I can afford to lose.
I can take it or leave it these days

5 Likes

I hope that Newcastle fans are proud.

1 Like

Amnesty and ALQST pointed to an irony in Al-Otaibiā€™s case: the activist had been a vocal supporter of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salmanā€™s ā€œradical changesā€, including the alleged relaxation of dress code for women, and said in a 2019 interview that she felt free to express her views and wear what she likes thanks to the princeā€™s declarations. She was arrested a few years later.

1 Like

Itā€™s about knowing your history and is a bit of sportswashing within sports washing plenty of people across Europe and wider in the 1920-50s fell from grace.

Once you become of no further use you become depensible.

Some of these LIV guys, football clubs and these Snooker players should heed that warning.

1 Like

This could just as easily have been put in the World Politics thread, but itā€™s yet another reminder of just what kind of people are behind the Barcodes.

Absolutely vile.

4 Likes

Hydro carbon cunts

1 Like

A huge congrats to Alexander Isak on his nomination for young player of the season at the tender age of 24.