Al-Sandcastle - the sportswashing barcodes

Still a midtable club.

2 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

Perhaps someone like @Kopstar can correct me, but isnā€™t that yet another case of misleading Parliament?

1 Like

Yes, I think the statement that the government were not involved in the discussions regarding the purchase of Newcastle by the PIF is misleading on that evidence. They appear to have acted as an intermediary in some respects to try and facilitate a deal although the statements do not go as far as suggesting that any pressure was put on the PL. Grimstone appears to be just doing his job, which is fine. The government really ought to just say it as it is rather than these bullshit ā€œnothingā€™s going onā€ remarks that lack credibility at the time and are so often exposed later as horseshit.

3 Likes

This government wouldnā€™t say anything as it is.

2 Likes

Not just that, but in FIFAā€™s eyes, would this not constitute as political influence in the game?

I mean, countries have been banned from international accreditation for government influencing the governing body of said country, so should FA and England be possibly banned?

1 Like

The FA =/= the Premier League.

Additionally, I donā€™t think that what has been revealed would constitute influencing the game in the way that FIFA has an objection to.

I just brought the parties together. I worked hard to find solutions. Thatā€™s why I was paid. It was my job. But obviously I had nothing to do with it!

The government lied about this one, as clearly there was involvement to enable a deal.

It is, of course, entirely in keeping with numerous other examples of dodgy money coming into the country.

For the government, morals are one thing; business another.

Happy to keep up some faux outrageā€¦ tut tut, executing 80 citizens. Oh dear, murdering Khashogi. Thatā€™s not nice is it, rounding up every rival and torturing them. Etc.

Blind eye turned, as the cash flows. ā€˜Twas ever thus.

2 Likes

:joy: :man_facepalming:t2:

How pathetic.

:face_vomiting::nerd_face:

1 Like

the banner will available to buy from Sportsd Direct by the end of the week! :wink:

Bloody hell, Iā€™ve always considered them one of the best fanbases in England - this is a whole new level of cringeā€¦

1 Like

To me the late Bobby Robson epitomised a typical Geordie supporterā€¦
Loved the game and Newcastle FC with a passionā€¦
Not sure he would be happy with the present owners and how their wealth seems to be turning the loyal fanbase into complete morons

2 Likes

I mean they could have at least held it up properly.

How can a banner that says so little take up the whole row of a stand.

1 Like

Wait, is that a Sky Sports screenshot? And they think is clever? I felt myself dumbing down just looking at that.

2 Likes

Steady, Eddieā€¦ It looks like an attempt to make himself and his team look bigger than they are, probably a well crafted PR exercise. We might be below them in the table but even Man City arenā€™t always considered the big boys of football yet for all of their money and trophies, let alone the Tyneside nouveau riche. Itā€™s a shame that a club that Iā€™ve always had so much time for is going down the Man City route.

5 Likes

Is this the same Eddie who didnā€™t feel like he knew enough to comment on the owners and the Saudi government?

5 Likes

Made the mistake of listening to the Football Ramble the other day. One of the hosts is a Newcastle fan and essentially accused Klopp of being a coward by saying ā€œtalk about the politics of Saudi Arabia but donā€™t make it a football issueā€.

Imagine my shock at hearing a Newcastle fan get upset at someone relating Saudi ownership to their sports washing projects.

4 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s crazy how quickly people can start identifying themselves with these sports-washers. Howe seemed a decent enough character when at Bournemouth, but he too fell for the Ā£Ā£Ā£ it seems.

2 Likes