Al-Sandcastle - the sportswashing barcodes

We’re all kidding ourselves if we’re thinking this won’t happen to us one day. FSG will sell to the highest bidder and there aren’t many organisations that could afford us let alone run us on a competitive basis given what’s now happening.

Football was fucked a long time ago. Once you allow nation states to own clubs it becomes an arms race of wage and transfer fee inflation. We’ve become de-sensitised to the excesses. It’s why now when we hear Salah wants £380K a week we think that’s not an unreasonable amount and that FSG should pay it.

I’m just glad Klopp came along when he did because it’s felt like this is one last hurrah of football as it’s meant to be and I’m glad I’ve been able to experience it.

16 Likes

Three stories on the BBC. What the fuck are we doing?

7 Likes

The spiral model of norm diffusion is BS.

I think that’s a bit absolute. You can see it worked in Bosnia to a degree. Constructivism empowering agencies that can force tactical concessions from a repressive state has been effective. Sure, norm diffusion takes time (circumstances will dictate how much) but it can be effected.

Newcastle would now be our chance to make Origi our first 100mil-sold player whom we care about as a person.

Lost any sympathy for Newcastle a few years back at Anfield, after an anti Ashley song they got a round of applause from Anfield (not to mention incredibly generous foodbank donations from travelling reds around that period), only to respond with ‘sign on’ etc. Bunch of cunts who get far too much goodwill in our fanbase.

This is terrible news. They deserved Ashley.

7 Likes

City had a good 3 or 4 years of splashing the cash on rotating managers and players building up their teams to take them to the next level and start winning things before FFP restrictions came in.

Newcastle will have to deal with FFP and a massively inflated priced transfer market from the off,I think it’ll take them a good few years to build a squad good enough to compete for the title if done under FFP rules.For them to win it by spending lots of money,they’ll have to do some kind of City type of BS accounting to get top class players in ASAP and win it within anywhere near 5 years.

4 Likes

Awful news. Would not be much different if it was Adolf Hitler’s fund and not Salman. one can only condemn.

4 Likes

I read that because of Mike Ashley’s stinginess, and the relaxation with covid, they can afford to spend £150M and stay within FFP.

In this market, with lots of clubs struggling, if spent under a good manager (big if) it could get them knocking on the door of a European spot. Not CL, obviously. Not yet.

What manager will they go for?

I hate the thought, but scanning the tabloids, one man I saw linked was Stevie G.

Not afraid of them in the short term.

In the long term - as I said many times before - we might end up midtable after Klopp leaves - even without the Sheiks.

Hope some kind of solidarity grows between most PL clubs to help sending them down to the Championship.

Newcastle probably have 5 players with long term futures there.

Can’t see how the rest of them will be able to motivate themselves for the relegation battle.

Will be funny to see which players they can attract in January.

Those who sign for them will simply go for the money. They won’t win trophies or play in Europe in the next 4 years.

Like I said before. Richarlison and Zaha are the first to come to my mind.

Maybe Bissouma depending on what happened the other night.

Can see Bale sign for them - depending on their situation in January.

Newcastle is going to be dominant, mark my words. They are going to win the Championship every other year.

4 Likes

Win the championship you say? Every other year you say?

I like it! That’s the sort of success that MBS and that Amanda cunt deserve.

1 Like
5 Likes

The way football is now conditioned to fetishise money is beyond grim, it really is.

That’s not uniquely football’s problem. It’s society’s.

7 Likes

Who is Graeme Jones?!

The point is, to be linked with that job I shouldn’t need to resort to Google to know who the fuck they are!

I just saw a picture of some of their fans outside St.James Park ‘proudly’ waving the flag of SA.

téléchargement (1)

For those unaware , the writing above the sword says ; There Is No God But Allah And Mohammed Is His Messenger.’

Fuck Saudi Arabia. Fuck Newcastle … and fuck football atm. This genuinely makes me feel sick to my stomach.

9 Likes

That’s my concern too. We are further away as ever from having any wage cap system established, or any other way to keep a level playing field. As such, a top four spot will be harder and harder to get for us within fsg’s way of working, especially when Klopp and Edwards will be gone.

You are right, the sweet spot for them to sell the club will be in a year or so, possibly at the end of next season. After that, the devil knows whom we will be handed to.

In any case, our days as one of England’s top clubs are probably numbered from now on if we continue with the same ways as until now. Unless we end up as another play-toy for a filthy-rich billionaire, Abramovic-style, or as a sports-washing institution for a corrupt regime somewhere in the world. In the latter case, it will be the end of me following LFC (and more generally, top-level football).