Al-Sandcastle - the sportswashing barcodes

Gone on the money trail…

2 Likes

1 Like

Just totally normal football chairman stuff

https://x.com/AdamCrafton_/status/1747282929267466694?s=20

3 Likes

Ah but the Johnson government pushed the Premier League to pass him as fit and proper apparently.

5 Likes

Which is why I always laugh when I read posts from people oblivious to the politics behind football.

The naïveté of so many supporters- including some on this forum- would be quite endearing if it weren’t so sad.

8 Likes

He is an has been, why would you want him as you coach he is almost as Neanderthal as Woy with his tactics

1 Like

Bayern interested in Trippier.

They do realise that reassembling the Spurs team only makes you Spursy right?

1 Like

Whats the only way to stop Bayern winning a 10th title in a row? Buying more Spurs players.

3 Likes

Can’t see anything about what the fee would be but a few outlets coming out this morning reporting the same.

A couple of snippets from the linked article:

Newcastle CEO Darren Eales: "You have to keep growing that headroom, increasing commercial revenue and player trading. It’s difficult to hypothesise, but if we’re offered £1 billion for one of those players, then no one could argue against that making sense.

And wait for it…………….

Newcastle have reportedly agreed a deal to sell winger Miguel Almiron to Saudi Arabian side Al-Shabab this month.

But it’s ok. PIF doesn’t “directly” own this club. All above board I’m sure.

1 Like

Hopefully Miggy tells the toon to fuck off trying to send him to the Saudi league.

Have they just not watched any football in the past three months? He’s been shite and looks dead on his feet.

blatant cheating here. Newcastle cant afford anyone so another Saudi club comes in and pays way over the top for an average player who doesn’t even start during an injury crisis.

3 Likes

Who could ever imagined such a scenario?

This moment was obvious from the time they bought the club. The only wrinkle they have added to the City model of dodgy tourism promotion deals is to actually launder the money with players.

1 Like

This is the point where the wheeling and dealing has the potential to make them worse. Almiron was arguably their most important player last season and the idea they necessarily get better by selling him and upgrading is one many teams trying to take their next step in their evolution find out is likely to blow up in their face.

2 Likes

My guess is that the realization has set in that they won’t be anywhere close to top 4, so the game is now a matter of creating the financial space to spend their way back in. That doesn’t bode well for Howe.

3 Likes

Whatever you think of him as a player he’s started the majority of games for them this season tbf, haven’t seen any fee being rumoured around. His market value is around 25-30m so let’s see what he ends up going for if at all. They didn’t exactly sign ASM for well over his worth to raise eyebrows across the footballing globe did they.

1 Like

Look, I’m not playing favorites here by any means but we sold two players to Saudi including Fabinho for for €42mil which is nearly what we bought him for from Monaco.

Optics on an overvalued bailout bit on Almiron by PIF-owned Saudi clubs would definitely make the FA look like fucking morons, though. And that’s how we should be playing this.

Don’t get mad at the FA, instead make them look like buffoons and ridicule the fuck out of them.

Sure, and if the criticism is about taking money from the saudis in general, then this is a relevent point. But the concern is the more specific one of the Saudi league being used to get a related entity around spending restrictions. Almiron and ASM are not the same profile as Hendo and Fabs, and the sale of them to Saudi owned entities are really very different.

1 Like