Alisson BECKER: 2020/21

Being offered a new contract in the summer along with Fabinho.

4 Likes

Bit too early, his contract runs till 2024. Fabinho and a bunch of core players have contract expiring in 2023, so those were due for renewal this summer.

Don’t want to see him leave for Hollywood like The Rock did with WWE.

3 Likes

Right, the report specifically says we are rewarding him and tying him down to his best years… It fully states he has a contract till 2024.

2 Likes

That 2023 bunch (and a number of them of similar age); what decisions we take, how do we spread the financial cake (in a crap financial climate like this), who gets a new one and who doesn’t, who accepts one and who doesn’t…

That will be fun to follow over the next 12 months or so. :popcorn:

1 Like

You have put a nice spin to it :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, “fun”. :joy: :crossed_fingers:t4:

Well he didn’t score today, bummer. But to be honest today again he reminded why he’s a top top keeper. Got on everything he came out for.

I recollect how Migs used to flap everytime he came out in such games but having a keeper who’s very decisive in coming out to punch the ball makes tremendous difference. Excellent IMO today! Couple of great saves as well.

8 Likes

Alisson out!!!

5 Likes

Was put under pressure with his feet as well and he dealt with it.

Also noticed several times he was barking calm it down

1 Like

I thought Ali was excellent tonight he relieved a lot of pressure with catches and punching only little blip was when Wood hit the post, I thought he should have come out for it.

1 Like

I noticed he has put on weight again, lost the elegant swan technique, just a bog standard swan now.

1 Like

Why didn’t he come forward the couple of time Burnley looped the ball between him and our backline? Scary moments.

Maybe he thought the defence wouldn’t be caught out by such very simple floated passes. Have to say they were quite laughable in that first half if it wasn’t so serious.

1 Like

Just a bit tired after running the length of the field in the previous match. He had some cake for that but assures me he is trying very hard to cut these lapses out. :smiley:

1 Like
8 Likes

Finished the season with the highest shot conversion rate in the league:

Well done, Ali. :clap:

10 Likes

Made me chuckle

3 Likes

I had noticed he was pretty decent with his head before.

Anyhow after the year he had he has ended it with some redemption.

Rumour he has agreed to a new deal. No real source but still nice to be hearing only a few days after the league done

2 Likes