Position: Goalkeeper
Height: 1.91m
Weight: 91kg
D.O.B.: 02.10.1992.
Town of Birth: Novo Hamburgo
Country of Birth: Brazil
Nationality: Brazilian

Seriously under performing.

Whilst I donā€™t disagree, those stats donā€™t tell the full story. How many shots have been better, clearer chances since the defence started playing poorly post lockdown? Maybe Alisson is having to face shots he is less likely to save?

3 Likes

Yep, agreed. His shot-stopping has fallen off a cliff. There was a time when I was genuinely shocked when the ball went past him but now Iā€™m expecting it. Hopefully this is a temporary blip because we could do with him back to being the best keeper in the world before next Sunday.

Think it was Lee Dixon on the american broadcast of the game today who said ā€œI think heā€™s a better footballer than I ever wasā€, referring to Aliā€™s range of passing. Sublime, and the penalty save was excellent. Think he watched Jorginho try that hop-step penalty last week and figured heā€™d just wait to see which direction his left foot landed.

5 Likes

Good penalty save and another at the end back to the Becker we know.

Best in the world for the type of football we play!

1 Like

Couldā€™ve saved the penalty in a better and more flamboyant way,however itā€™s early in the season but definitely needs to work on that.

5 Likes

Much better yesterday. Did everything asked of him. Kicking was better.
Good pen save and another one towards the end.

2 Likes

If you mean he should have pushed it to the side I agree, if you mean he should have made it look good then I disagree, too many goalkeepers who let the flamboyance overtake bread and butter stuff.

He could very much have switched off but had the Werner shot covered in the first half and the Mount one covered in the second. The second save was better than the penalty in my view but he didnā€™t put a foot wrong yesterday.

1 Like

Aliā€™s rating if you donā€™t want to click
Summary

Only No.2 :rage:

Kepa 25
De gea 9

Pickford not listed :open_mouth:

How reliable are these ratings anyways? Putting Ter Stegen above Alisson lol.

Alisson was the top 5 players in the world for me, atleast year when we won the UCL and he won for Brazil, let alone being the best keeper. Keepers are bloody underrated in football, he could have been contender for top 3 as well if the world didnā€™t have a biased view.

1 Like

100%. I felt he had a strong claim to winning it. His achievements that year, for club and country, were better than anyone elseā€™s.

These lists are crap, no chance youā€™d get most people to agree on it.

To be fair, Alisson as a GK is 5/5, on the ball heā€™s not 5/5 (I donā€™t know how to explain it better, but itā€™s details). At least in my book. Just as Lloris for me isnā€™t 5/5 in the GK stuff, even if you do call him world class and I have no problems with that.

But overall he is one of the best, if not the best in the last year or two. Thatā€™s enough for me. I donā€™t need a random page or other fans calling him the best or 3rd best or whatever. Heā€™s in that company and thatā€™s it.

1 Like

Bollocks is Ter Stegan better than Alisson. Alisson pisses all over him in every department.

If theyā€™d but Oblak at one, I have disagreed, but understood it more.

But Ter Stegan? Fuck off.

1 Like

Good to see him back at his best. He has been letting in more goals than usual and hardly making a save after the restart but heā€™s once again making the saves from chances/shots that people would normally expect to see a goal from. In the immortal words of @SYBM

ā€˜ā€˜Noiceā€™ā€™

3 Likes

Heā€™s upped his game since weā€™ve signed that new 17 year old compatriot of his. Marcelo Pitaluga is so good that heā€™s putting pressure on Alisson without even officially being here. :wink:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday to this blokeā€¦and also to Bobby Firmino! Theyā€™re 28 and 29 respectively today.

2 Likes

Hahaha Allisson is the dogs. I love it.

3 Likes

His fitness is becoming a major worry. He would have missed exactly a half of last season but for lockdown. I really donā€™t like the sound of this.

2 Likes