Alisson BECKER: 2020/21

Yeah, kinda puzzling how a keeper can pick up so much injuries.

What if it’s a fluke injury as the “However TAA is fit to play” may suggest? It’s reasonable to be concerned but seems premature to question his fitness as a developing long-term issue from a terse tweet, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Whilst it’s always annoying to lose your no1 keeper, it is better against a shitter team like Villa rather than one of the top 6 teams

3 Likes

Or when your backup goalie is better than most of the starters in the league cough such as England’s number one cough

4 Likes

Might be but his last two injuries, of which the first one looked like a fluke, sidelined him for ten weeks each. Being the “glass is broken” kind of guy, I really wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case again. He’s just too good to not have some flaw.

Ha! I’ve never heard “the glass is broken” phrase. Enjoyed that.

1 Like

He’s like me as he thinks Grealish needs a slap,better he sits this one out rather than getting 3 game ban for slapping the cunt,sensible thinking all round.

3 Likes

I don’t remember Tommy Lawrence or Ray Clemence ever being out injured. This guy has had 3 now hasn’t he? Strange

Rather have Adrian in than England’s No1.
Need to start looking for a good young back-up for Allison as it does look like he’s injury prone.

You don’t remember kirkland then!

3 Likes

He’s not going away for Intl Break I hope.

Doubt it, some saying 4-6 weeks but I doubt the club would fully know that.

Based on Klopp’s comments today, that is what seems to have been the case. He said two players went into a challenge, one got up and one didn’t. So, Ali is out until after the international break and they will have to evaluate it one week at a time from there.

1 Like

So how many games do we think he will miss?

The comments I have seen attributed to Klopp make it sound more serious than the comments I saw Klopp make. People here are saying a month or longer. Klopp before the game said he was out until after the international break and then we’d take it week by week.

This aged well :rofl:

6 Likes

So Klopp thinks its probably 6 weeks, we have no idea if this is before he even gets back on the pitch to regain match fitness.

Those are quite a few games missed though, and after tonight, I’m a bit rattled and have little faith in Adrian.

1 Like
4 Likes

18 games so far missed in 2 seasons is concerning.

3 Likes