Andy ROBERTSON: 2020/21

:upside_down_face:

6 Likes
3 Likes

Ox tells what Robertson is like in training :joy:

“I say to everyone all the time, ‘How can someone that is so bad in a box or a rondo, like the worst I have ever seen, be so good in a match?’

“You watch him in a rondo, and he’s like he has never played football before.

"He gets in a match, and he’s so reliable, it’s a skill!”

7 Likes

Simple, in small spaces (and with less time on the ball), someone’s limitations are naturally more obvious.

But on the big pitch he’s so solid and reliable, does the simple things to a high and consistent level.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ox must never have seen Filippo Inzaghi in a rondo when he was at AC Milan. He was constantly in the middle. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But scored a ton of goals for them and Italy. He was like Ruud van Nistelrooy could not play football one bit but they could score a goal. Something quite handy.

Andy is a better football player than those two.

4 Likes
4 Likes

He’s got a hamstring issue apparently. Now they’re qualified hopefully he’s rested for the other games.

1 Like

That would be the sensible thing to do, now is the Scotland manager sensible or is he just building up a CV no matter what?

2 Likes

I really doubt Steve Clarke is too bothered about his CV at this stage in life. I think he is widely respected and valued anyway and particularly at Anfield I would imagine.

6 Likes

And he’s Kenny’s mate, I’m sure he’s been on the phone to him.

4 Likes

Good to hear but it is not Wednesday jet when they play Israël in Netanya. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

To be honest I wonder if it’s a way of him being taken out of the squad without the usual bleating from certain sections.

3 Likes

Congratulations Andy, pride of Scotland and a Newton Mearns boy

2 Likes

I saw that on twitter earlier and without wanting to be picky, he gets the timing all wrong. The crescendo ( :notes: you’re here…) should happen as he makes the save. Maybe he was waiting for VAR?

1 Like

Not a reliable source, but it wouldn’t surprise me if true given Robbo played 120 mins the other night.

Hopefully hes left out for the remainder of international duty.

When it rains it pours…

2 Likes

No Robertson in the lineup :+1:

2 Likes

FFS. Can’t even make Scotland’s bench.

Robbo out!!!

2 Likes

Our backline re-connected.

1 Like
3 Likes

They’ve qualified so he’ll miss this pointless game.

2 Likes