Anfield and Kirkby

Might get the Sandon package for the City game. Not great seating though up at Block 226 but will have to do.

400 quid.

£400 for the City game is good. There was one seat left when I looked just now so be quick if you’ve not got one already. Block 226 is fine.

If not then membership is worth trying this season because of the new ballot system. You might get lucky but you need to register before 1st September and you won’t get tickets for City because you need 4 credits from a previous season for the big games. There’ll be another ballot for the second half of the season in November.

Looks like it’ll be slightly easier this season to get tickets. There were plenty unsold for Burnley when I looked on the Friday. The new NFC ticket system might be putting people off plus there’s Covid of course.

1 Like

If you are visiting Anfield and you are travelling and it’s going to be a once a year, or once a 5 year trip, then spend the money and go hospitality.

In the future ticket touts will be very hard to get round the new entry system, so be aware of that, if you are buying from a tout it is likely a scam DO NOT DO THIS.

Pay the money and get hospitality.

6 Likes

Definitely treat yourself to hospitality. If you can get a package that includes a tour of the trophy room etc even better.

Make sure you allow plenty of time to get into the stadium. I’d recommend arriving at least an hour before kick off because even if you get there and there aren’t any entry issues it will give you time to have a proper wander around.

Travel light.

If you get hospitality you usually get entry to the stadium a good few hours before the “normal” supporters

There was a thread recently that might help - https://theanfieldnoise.com/t/an-old-farts-dream/2087/29

2 Likes

Definitely go early enough to walk around the stadium and have a drink at the Albert or one of the nearby pubs before kickoff.

I would love to be that gardener. We do this at home, have about 20sqm of garden where we grow all sorts of veg and herbs and we share with some of our neighbors who aren’t able to do it themselves.

2 Likes

the official tour doesn’t have a walk through the trophy room, which was very disappointing.

Hotel TIA :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Missed the city game unfortunately. Thought about it over night and gone today. Might go for the Leeds game on Boxing Day? Or the place game in September? Could that game be moved or does it not matter, will my ticket still be valid. 300 quid for block 225. High but just behind the goal so nice view. Get a nice view of the Kop I’m presuming. What yous reckon.

Try the “Anfield dugout”

1 Like

Ryanair saying I could get a flight out of Liverpool at 7:30pm. Would that be a enough time for a 3pm kick off. Surely finished up by 6pm and would I make it to Liverpool airport. Not too familiar with the size of Liverpool would I leave myself not stressing with that timescale

Arsene Wenger visited Kirkby today. He presented Jurgen Klopp & the Liverpool players with their FIFA World XI awards from last season.

5 Likes

Palace game won’t be moved now. Leeds might be. There was still one City ticket available when I looked just now.

You will probably be out the ground just after 5 if it’s a 3 o’clock but it’s not easy to travel across the city immediately after a game. 7.30 sounds doable to me but you really need a local to advise you as I’ve not done that journey.

2 Likes

It would probably be fine but it could be tight. Kick off could be delayed for some reason or some other unforeseen issue (bad injury for example).

I think Ryanair are still asking travellers to check-in 2 hours before departure if possible but at least 40 minutes before.

So kick off delayed by 30 minutes and you could be leaving the stadium around 5.30pm and getting to JLA on a game day could probably take the best part of an hour by car (taxi).

Even if there were no delays you’re not getting to JLA 2 hours before a 7.30 departure and with delays You could be cutting it fine to make the 40 minute (6.50) cut-off. I’d be tempted to take a later flight if possible depending on your travel plans at your destination. Take the stress out of it.

5 Likes

Yeah no way I’d risk a 7.30 flight if I’ve been to a 3 o clock game. Don’t fancy my chances of getting home to the wirral before 7 after that time kick off.

2 Likes

Maybe pick a game that won’t have thousands of Leeds fans marauding about in the City and around the ground…
It is Boxing day after all…!
Driving from the ground to John Lennon airport on any normal day can take 25-40mins.
Match day traffic, in a taxi, you can add anything up to an hour to that…

4 Likes

Just stay an extra night

All this talk of going to matches, getting tickets makes me so envious…I’ve been to the new stand once…and matches years ago…but I doubt I’ll be able to get tickets with the new system.