Arne Slot - Head Coach

Just listening to the fourth video - bit worrying that Slots family aren’t joining him. He says the good thing is hes at the office/travelling most of the time but I don’t know how sustainable it is to be away from his family except for short breaks etc. if that doesn’t change I can’t see him staying as long as Jurgen.

Edit: he mentions that family moving will be reconsidered in the summer as kids are doing exams. That sounds much more sensible.

Just like Jurgen (probably even more so) he is the ‘normal one’ and he has that killer grounded-sensible confidence that I’ve seen in many top performers.

1 Like

Maybe many reasons for it.

I assume he has a young family. Sometimes that’s hard to move at a drop of a hat.

We don’t see the human in the person sometimes

3 Likes

I believe his children are both teenagers. They must still be studying, so it’s difficult to just drop everything and leave, especially if they’re at university and/or have important exams coming up.

7 Likes

And final point about the last vid: reading between the lines I think it’s interesting he leaves it very open that we may be seeing the last season for Trent, Mo and Virg.

1 Like

Yup, I thought they may be school age but the same thing remains.

University I wouldn’t say is much of an issue but yeah late school or college.

1 Like

During the International break… Have it on good information, AS was viewing potential property to purchase, as in a home for his family… Still aligning up the ducks it seems, before his family take up residence

1 Like

Yup, aligning the ducks, and also looking if he can stay around long enough to warrant uprooting his family. It’s sensible.

3 Likes

https://x.com/Gideoomatic/status/1848055084690866566

1 Like

International sign language.

1 Like

https://x.com/thisisanfield/status/1848084270486638901

3 Likes

Colours of that badge make me peckish :0)

In the interview, he also talks about him having to make sure he wins. There’s always a reality where things don’t go as planned,even though it’s not very likely based on the first games.

You wouldn’t want to move straight away, uprooting your kids, get fired, and have to move back.

I’d say it’s a pragmatic point of view, and Arne seems to be a pragmatic person.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how old his kids are, but I suspect that they may want them to finish their education in their existing school. The family didn’t move when he was based in Rotterdam either.

4 Likes
3 Likes

It’s clever of him to keep using it as a motivator ; 'Remember what happened against Forest ’ … etc.

3 Likes

…yeah and so he should -
the Fuckers have blemished his perfect record of wins :0)

3 Likes

https://x.com/SamMcGuire90/status/1849192656716365977

Well, I have to be honest, I’m starting to worry a bit about our midfield and Arne’s practically non-existent rotation. If things continue like this, our midfield will be dead by Christmas. On top of that, Virg and Ibu probably won’t be able to keep it up either… I think it’s all a bit risky at the moment.

It’s ok because Arne will have the league (& CL) wrapped up by Christmas.

1 Like