Atalanta vs Liverpool , 2nd Leg , Europa League , 18th April , Prematch Thread

Someone jinxed it. :cry:

1 Like

It’s been jinxed for months now.

1 Like

If we get to the next round then we do the treble. I we lose or draw the game then it’s no other trophy’s for the year. If we win but don’t get into next round then it’s a possible league title, about 25% chance.

If we can go up 2-0 first half we can rattle them. We’ve done it before against much better opponents.

2 Likes

They scored 3 goals in 90 mins,if we do the same we have a chance.

6 Likes

Ah, we’ll allow one more test…record’s still good overall…

1 Like

I read true git and thought I need to watch that

1 Like

A true old git and cynical at that! :rofl:
If that came up on Netflix it’d be on first thing friday morning whilst I enjoy my breakfast.

1 Like

Big task the way we are playing of late but we only need 4-0,we can do it,he says with even his eyes crossed!

2 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

6 Likes

What like the first leg or our last two league games? Unless we play much better and at least run them close at some point (ie get a couple of goals back) then I will really fear for our last 6 league games being a real fizz out of Jurgen’s time. Personally don’t think we can win the league now that Cheaty are in front but it would be good to at least keep it alive to the end, for which I think we really need a spirited showing in Bergamo.

Only one season in Pep’s 7 seasons at City did they win all of their last 6 games, and that was 5 seasons ago.
We need to find ourselves and win all 6 remaining games. That’s my main concern. If we can do that, I think we will be champions.
A qualification to the EL semis against all odds tomorrow may ignite the spark and confidence back to the team. A convincing win with a solid dominant performance, even without qualifying, less so, but still might. An unconvincing narrow win, or draw or loss, may kill any glimpse of confidence our lads may still have inside…

2 Likes

It really would be against all odds.

The match is on Thursday!

2 Likes

My optimism is based on the fact that player for player we are the better team and, while watching us lose to Palace, I couldn’t help but feel that someone - very soon - will take an absolute hammering from us.

We didn’t play well against Palace and yet could have quite easily scored four times with just open goals we missed/got blocked. I don’t believe this profligacy will continue indefinitely.

4 Likes

Hopefully no one writes one of those pieces on the official.

Nothing lasts forever, but our finishing (or lack of better finishing) might be an important factor when we look back at our success this season.

Not the only thing that worries me after the last two games, but of course I’m welcoming with absolute open arms an improvement and return to winning ways.

Away at Anfield, yes?

2 Likes

I am eating korma as I type. I feel strong for Thursday. Up the mighty Reds!

Looking forward to meeting, @TheSweetSilverSong.

4 Likes

I had a phall last night, which probably explains why I am still awake at 03:00.

2 Likes

You going?

1 Like