Becoming One of You Lot

Nice one mate!

1 Like

I am sure you and yours have great future Sweeting. I look forward to keeping in touch via this forum.

2 Likes

Congrats @Sweeting Im sure poking your head in and seeing the little guy last night was an indescribable feeling.

Regarding the actual immigration piece, I dont want to be the “actually” guy, but the US immigration system is absurdly complex and having gone through it thought it worthwhile to point something out. The visa does not make you a resident, there is still a separate and completely independent process to go through to get the Green Card, which is what will grant your resident status.

I’m sure you’ve got people who know what they’re doing helping you through this, but if at any time you want to chat about mechanics of the process you still have to go through please feel free to DM me at any time.

6 Likes

All the best @Sweeting!

I’ve been looking at the visa application process just to go over there on holiday - can’t imagine how heavy the immigration stuff must have been.

Hope you’ve had a lovely day catching up with the missus and sprog today!

2 Likes

That’s awesome, I’m happy for you. Nothing better than a kids hug and excitement. My 3 year old runs downstairs every morning and gives me a huge hug. Might be the favorite part of my day. In your case that’s probably going to be exponentially more enjoyable. :family_man_woman_boy:

4 Likes

Thanks yes, I’ve already done everything I need to in order for the Green Card to be issued - although for some reason this can now take them up to 120 days. No idea why.