Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

I still don’t see the reason for replacing him with Reya. I think he is the slightly better keeper of the 2.

But still, for 18M plus add-ons, that is a decent price for Southampton.

1 Like

I still think Bazunu is a good goalkeeper but I must admit there is precious little evidence of it since he signed for Southampton.

1 Like

All I have seen of him, was on FM a couple of years ago, and the bastard got me sacked before Xmas, so I say fuck him :rofl:

3 Likes

Best/worst FM moment for me was when Everton sacked me for getting a playoff spot in the Championship as they asked.

I buggered off to Milan and won the league.

2 Likes

Hendry Thomas scored a 30 yard injury time winner for my Wigan team to avoid relegation. I was buzzing

The vibe was killed somewhat when I was immediately fired after the game.

5 Likes

Why were you managing Everton?

Standards ?

4 Likes

What arteta wants , arteta gets.

They have gotten more ruthless about shifting players out once Arteta feels he’s not got a use for them anymore.

I hope this pep lite behaviour won’t be rewarded by them winning the league.

I thought it would be amusing as a Liverpool fan to take over as they were in the Championship.

Keen on emulating Rafa weren’t you.

Dyche is a Liverpool fan though. Who might just lead them to the championship, if there’s something called Justice.

1 Like

The Ramsdale fee is something of a benchmark for Kelleher. Ramsdale is an experienced, upper mid-level Prem keeper. If he is going for 25 and we wanted more for Kelleher, it seems a bit unlikely.

He’s arguably been their most important player in their two games so far. In both games he’s made huge stops without which they are on maybe only 1 point.

1 Like

Might as well be, I didn’t think he was much cop last season

1 Like

Merino has already suffered a shoulder injury on his first day of training and so will be out for several weeks.

All the talk in the summer of how maybe Arsenal dont need a new striker because Jesus is back and fit and looking confident - after missing the Villa game with a groin injury has had to go to get additional scans and while results indicated it wasnt bad he is still out for this weekend and demonstrates that if he finds himself fit, on form and confident, that state will never last long with him.

3 Likes

Wycombe appointed me the day after their final match of the season and fired me a couple of days later because the team hadnt met their season’s targets… :frowning:

6 Likes

https://x.com/David_Ornstein/status/1829595240677999058

I did not see this coming.

Yeah me neither, yet it makes a ton of sense for all parties, assuming they see him moving back over to RW as a back up for Saka. If everyone is on the same page and Raheem is willing to play that role, it could be quite a savvy move for them to address what is one of their few remaining real weak points in the squad.

2 Likes

Good move for both parties. Saka basically plays every minute of every game, even when carrying an injury.

They’ve also recouped a lot of the outgoings with sales of backup players. Their attacking options are looking really good.

Makes sense, as Arsenal have offloaded a few from the forward line and Sterling can play in multiple positions. You already see that Martinelli is not in all the time, Trossard comes in a lot, etc. Plus, he brings that experience of winning things, as Arsenal want to make that final step towards trophies. On the other hand, he remains in his beloved London and Arsenal’s cohesive and attacking style might help him to enjoy football again.

1 Like

Lego Pep…

That fucker whines like a toddler.

It’s deadset hilarious.

3 Likes

Exclusive footage of Arteta on his way home from the match:

9 Likes