Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

Not worried about Everton challenging for the title or anything but today’s result showed the difference between Ancelotti and Arteta. Both came into the job a year ago. Night and day between the two.

1 Like

BREAKING: Reports coming from Italy that say Max Allegri is learning English so that he can reject Arsenal!

13 Likes

New job, yes a year ago. But job, massive massive difference and bound to show.

He’s at the wrong club at the wrong time. Fans won’t be patient with him watching the other clubs progressing, especially the likes of Spurs. Very difficult for new managers these days to prove their worth at a big club, especially the ones that need rebuilding.

1 Like

I have two theories on where it went wrong for Arsenal:

1. Wenger clearly stayed two or three seasons too long. That was one of many bad decisions at the club.

2. Eddie Howe was a favorite to be successor of Wenger for quite some time. I bet he would have done much better in the league than Emery and Arteta and he would be able to save the identity of the club.

1 Like

It’s fairly obvious now, the Arsenal job is too big for Arteta. Just because he worked alongside Guardiola is no guarantee of success. Pep has always had access to plenty of funds, more so at City. Arteta doesn’t have the same luxury at Arsenal.

4 Likes

Just posted this in the PL thread but keeping with the discussion here:

Arsenal could realistically go down. It’s not completely out of the realm of possibility. Burnley on 10 points have 2 games in hand on Arsenal. Fulham is winning at the moment. Brighton yet to play this weekend.

Arsenal are legitimately on the edge of a relegation scrap. Which sounds really crazy to say out loud.

2 Likes

Agree with this. I’m not sure having money available would have made that much of a difference. I don’t see any plan or philosophy being put in place.
It’s the same with Manure. They have some really good players which covers OGS’s failings as a manager. I don’t see a plan with OGS either.

I also don’t think there was a great deal of difference between the jobs to be done at Everton and Arsenal. It’s not like Ancelotti had a head start. In fact Arteta won the FA Cup. A bit like Fat Frank sneaking into the champions league places. More luck than judgement.

6 Likes

I actually think Wenger showed the be careful what you wish for scenario. Wenger had a footballing philosophy, the last few years always felt like he was two or three players away from another title. It felt a little like LFC in the 90’s or 2000’s, close, so close but just a little bit lacking. I think Rafa would have done it with the owners Klopp has backing him.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Get in before it gets taken down…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

7 Likes

The man is mentally ill. Fair fucks to Don Robbie for profiting off these wankers. Yesterday’s match just paid for his third Lambo.

4 Likes

Hilarious. “Some of the defending today, just shocking.” Presumably, these guys have been watching the last forty matches, too?

8 Likes

Mikel Arteta: “Last year we won against Everton with a 25% chance of winning, you win 3-2. Last weekend, it was a 67% chance of winning, any Premier League game in history, and a 9% chance of losing, and you lose. 3% against Burnley and you lose, 7% against Spurs, and you lose.”

4 Likes

Those % were pulled out of his arse?

3 Likes

How weird is it that some of the AFTV lads see the matches as judgement on them as fans. Bizarre.

Although that walk off and sudden kickoff was not natural, looks staged or at least everyone was in on the joke.

2 Likes

Simple, they say rubbish and too radical stuff every week. After a while of listening to (similar) fans reacting to your reactions… you get completely lost.

I also never understood how can someone watch a game of their team with so many distractions around? You miss so many details.

Wherever I am, at home or in the pub, I turn of the WiFi completely and there’s no mobile phone while the game is on. How can someone watch the game and type in WhatsApp groups? It’s okay to comment with someone, but I doubt half of these AFTV guys even watch their games properly.

And now you have tons of fans watching other fans how they watch games… the world is a sad place.

:joy:

7 Likes

I don’t know a huge amount about Arsenal fan culture nor the culture of the club’s locals. But can somebody explain this to me please? A good mate of mine is an Indian Scouser as he was born in India and grew up in Liverpool. This is just bending my head.

1 Like

Exactly this. That’s why I rarely post in the pre-match thread, especially when the match is going on. I would read the comments later on (in most cases are pretty funny…like someone called for Bobby to be sub’ed…while he was actually having a hell of a game in the last match, plus 2 goals.)

2 Likes
6 Likes

I don’t go that far but yeah I can’t really concentrate beyond my bet pad and score alerts, anything else gets lost.

I’ll message my two football pals on and off but usually after goals and if it’s comfortable or if we are crap.

2 Likes