Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

Didn’t realise Nate Silver was managing Arsenal.

3 Likes

You have to laugh at the British media. Today’s Telegraph sports email leads with this headline:

Arsenal players face major pay cuts if relegation becomes reality

As the threat of relegation becomes very real for Arsenal - they sit just four points above the relegation zone - Matt Law’s story reveals how the club have already planned for that scenario with clauses in player contracts. Find out the details here.

“Very real” ? It’s not even Christmas yet, FFS.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s laughable how every round of fixtures this season is painted as anything from pivotal to massive to season defining. Deafening shouts of 'Everton ignite title challenge (Round 4) then ‘Chelsea top of the league!’ to ‘Spurs top of the league’ have been echoing around my living room since September. Even now, being top of the table is pretty cool but it’s just December as you say and there is still 2/3rds of the season left basically.

Unless a team is absolutely nailing it and running away with a 10 point gap or so, the trick has always been to stay top or close and not rule yourself out of contention early doors so that as the season progresses the more likely it is that a serious challenge can be met. The league can be lost by December but never won just as relegation is never certain at this time of year either especially when 3 wins on the bounce can see a team in the top half. There is so much coverage where column inches have to be filled and talk shows have to complete a slot that there is so much noise nowadays with very little sense to be found in all the clutter.

7 Likes

Which we would be, if it wasn’t for those meddling vids.

5 Likes

@FowlersLeftPeg and I discussed that in the last few seasons, first 12-13 games were a good indication of how the final table would look like. But this season is too complicated and it will be beyond the halfway mark to have any idea how it will end.

3 Likes

This will pretty much be how it finishes.
Liverpool 1st
Then in no particular order
Man City, Manure, Chavski, Tottenham, Leicester and Arsenal (just kidding)
Maybe the odd surprise, Everton in 6th instead of 8th.

3 Likes

Game against the Chavs comes at a really bad time for Arsenal/Arteta. They desperately need a win, while a loss against Chelsea will just intensify fan desperation.

2 Likes

Is that even possible.

6 Likes

Typical of fat fwank instead of concentrating on answering questions about today’s match instead he moans about Liverpool gaining an advantage by having 2000 fans in the stadium he is rather obsessed with us not a peep about the bitters gaining an advantage too when playing at home?

2 Likes

I knew we were going have that.

If I can’t go see my mum for Christmas you can’t have 2000 randoms in a stadium all travelling via the tube network no doubt you numpty Frank.

3 Likes

It seems the “Arsenal’s season starts now” banter from last round against Chelsea after the game, was actually for once true (probably also to the surprise of the one making the joke, forgive me, on a mobile and can’t remember who got the jackpot with that comment).

1 Like

Arsenal fans have to be the most deluded bunch out there. 2 wins on the bounce and they’re going to win everything again. Still just as far from top 4 as they are from relegation but they beat the mighty Brighton so now they’re back!

6 Likes

I’ve always said this, i live in London and work with some, I’ve heard some shit from their front 3 better than ours, tierney better than Robertson etc etc deluded fools.

3 Likes

To be honest I’ve always got in with the Arsenal fans I’ve known.

1 Like

Their fan base is largely the same as all other fanbases, including ours. A massive group of people with a wide spectrum of views. Obviously, those that are loudest and most reactive are the ones that get more attention (AFTV, Goldbridge etc), so it’s easy to go with the view a fanbase as a whole is mental.

On Arsenal, I’m glad Arteta has got a couple of positive results. It’s not good for football when there’s a high level manager churn that is driven by angry fans or reactive board directors. Arteta has a good solid career ahead of him, and Arsenal shouldn’t throw that away too quickly.

They won’t be pulling down trees, but they aren’t too many players short of a decent squad and their youngsters look very very good. They need to stop doing stupid things like letting Willian go and signing Luiz, or having Ozil chilling out on massive money not playing football.

4 Likes

What are the reasons?

2 Likes

Never liked the idea of him being captain in the first place.

2 Likes

I cannot believe Arsenal are just 4 points behind us (at present) after the absolute shit they were going through. How things have turned in a matter of one month.

2 Likes

That’s what happens when you take 3 points from 15.

5 Likes

I cannot believe the useless cunts couldn’t beat those other useless cunts last night.

2 Likes