Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

Never happen. Remember the season that started with referees giving penalities for holding in the box? Lasted like 4-5 match days…

1 Like

Remember the season when only captains were allowed to talk to the referee? Lasted 3-4 match days

3 Likes

And you wonder why there is always trouble in the pub leagues and kids matches with players and parents. Shithousey or disrespect to refs take your choice.

1 Like

Emery is atleast twice the manager that arteta can ever dream of being. And the idiots in Arsenal didn’t give him enough time.

How so? Arteta is getting them regular cl nowadays and has come 2nd twice, in that time he has managed to break the cycle of Liverpool & city dominating the top two positions, regardless of personal thoughts on him, league positions recently would suggest that he is considerably better than Emery.

1 Like

I’m not so sure he broke the cycle as much as we did. Otherwise, are we also suggesting that Solskjaer is a good manager by dint of United coming 2nd in 2020-21? Arteta has had far more time than was afforded to Emery too.

Yes solskjaer did a brilliant job at united and should have been awarded a ten year contract…luckily united found another manager who is just as skillful as Ole.

6 Likes

Only reason they’ve come into it is two other teams have fallen back. Not to say he has taken advantage while others haven’t but both sides are not the sides they’ve been.

Arteta was however given chance to fail and given the signings.

No one up to him has, so it’s a bit of both.

1 Like

I think its hard to argue that he hasn’t done a good job. Arsenal are clearly miles ahead of where they were, and all their managers have spent fortunes so its not just that.

Its also fair to say that his achievements have been somewhat overblown already. I see Arsenal fans legitimately arguing that he’s a better manager than Klopp which is where these conversations just turn silly.

9 Likes

As I said it’s a bit of both. I’m not sure Emery could step up.

We’ve already seen when he hasn’t. Arteta however did get a lot of time and in that period did probably less than Rodgers.

He has now stepped up in the years since and Arsenal are doing well but are they not just doing what’s probably expected?

1 Like

Any news on Ödegaard and Saka?

Odegaard is still injured and Saka remains the current most overrated player in the PL.

6 Likes

Agree. Compared to the likes of Rashford, Grealish, Foden and Sterling when they were in their early 20s Saka is the least talented.

But his time wasting qualities are world class.

Hope he gets the full Robbo treatment when we play them.

2 Likes
3 Likes

2 Likes

I can’t remember the last Arsenal match that I watched that Saka didn’t get injured in, only to start the next one. I wouldn’t believe these reports.

9 Likes