Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

There’ll be an Amazon documentary this season for Arsenal that’ll clarify it all… can’t wait :joy:

1 Like

Oh oh. 1 down

I do t get the hype around Arteta.

I like the bloke but he is either shit or he is good and just at the wrong club.

2 Likes

I think he’s just a shit manager?

4 Likes

Credit to them for sticking with him but I don’t think he is going come good somehow.

He is probably better than Ole which is ironic, just without the toys or the refs.

Yep, he got so much hype when he left Man City that it was always going to be tough to live up to them but so far there are just no indications that he has any idea of what he is trying to do.

5 Likes

I think it always ends in disaster when a player first job is at a big club or in a big league

Arsenal are a mess in a way that I dont think you can really judge Arteta. They’ve been actively trying to get rid of Xhaka for 2 years and still found themselves not only having to play him their first game of the season, but partnered him with a 20 year old with no prem experience that I’d doubt anyone on here has even heard about. From having worked in a poisoned organization, there is only so much you can do as even a senior manager if the people above you are fucking everything up.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I am completely with you, I will be honest in that Im not sure of his all round game but he scores goals.

@GermanRed I think that’s a reflection of them being unable to bring in anyone else in and not wanting to get caught short with him then leaving. It’s just an example of them really struggling in terms of squad development

1 Like

Said it before - many things that happen at Arsenal remind me of what happened to Hamburg, Schalke and Bremen. Maybe can be compared to what happened to Leeds or Newcastle years ago.

A club of their status without European Competition should be able to improve their League position this season (at least 5th or 6th).

If not the downward spiral will continue. Managers will be sacked. Players will want to leave. Targets won’t come because they are not convinced.

Battle against relegation wouldn’t surprise me in the next two years.

6 Likes

Arsenal’s lack of been attractive to big name players is evident with them having to shell 50 million on Ben White no disrespect to the lad but he isn’t in that money class.

Ben White got bullied by Brentford guys in the air. For 50m , you’d expect someone who can actually win some headers.

Arsenal are fucking dire defensively.

4 Likes

And….they’re off!

4 Likes

MR DT (@MrDtAFC) Tweeted:

Another season unprepared and you wonder why I’m bored of it all, the squad needs a major overhaul and with the games we have coming up it’s looking likely that the manager will be one of those that need’s replacing first!!!

When’s it gonna end Robbeh

3 Likes

8th, then 8th, this season ?th. Can call them the new Everton except the old Everton still exists. Not a top club anymore. Absolute capitulation. Settling for a manager with club ties but no resume. Attempting to spend the minimum year on year. Not gonna work.

2 Likes

This was us under H+G. That’s why when I see people moaning about not getting signings or whatever, I just think back to those days and think it could be so much worse.

1 Like

Even the fixtures are mocking them

4 Likes