Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

Still to come…

Tommy Dewey Waiting GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

1 Like

Nothing wrong with David Speedie, good player.

3 Likes

I said when Emery came in that Arsenal had a long way further to fall before they could start to get back up. They might still be a long way off rock bottom.

3 Likes

yeah, fair point…was probably the era more than the player…

3 Likes

They’ll struggle with offloading Auba, especially after giving him a contract extension. Another Mesut Ozil situation in the making now.

1 Like

What a complete mess of a club.

Repeating the same old mistakes

1 Like

Are they really about to splash around £30m on Ramsdale?

Although of course, Leno has 2 years left on his deal, is 29, and perhaps not quite the long term option they were initially hoping for (not every German GK is good/great!).

I don’t know, that place needs a lot of work…

1 Like

And even if it was their biggest need - is Ramsdale really their answer? Every Sheffield United fan was underwhelmed by him last season - especially after Henderson being their goalkeeper the year before.

They’re about to pay 30m to get worse.

1 Like

Yeah, I was not impressed, knowing that it was Sheffield United as well…

They’re about to end up in a poorer situation like at United.

Two GK’s who they’ve invested good money into, no clear good enough option.

1 Like

Why don’t the morons spend just £3m on Karius? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Arsenals best keeper was sold to villa

7 Likes

3 Likes

Karius was dirt cheap though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, am I the only one who thinks £35m for Odegard is a bit steep given he was hardly pulling up trees when he was there on loan last season?

If he wasn’t being bought from Madrid then surely he wouldn’t be costing that and he’s barely ever played for them.

Don’t really get selling Willock for £25m and then buying Odegard for £35m. Also don’t get where they keep finding all this money. This and the Ramsdale deal would make them the biggest spenders and net spenders so far this summer and all without European football.

1 Like

I thought he was really good actually, but just worry for him that it’s not the right place for him to keep progressing.

1 Like

And without any noticable improvement to their squad.

3 Likes

Arsenal are a mess. They’ve would’ve spent £130m this summer and not improved.
Ramsdale is garbage. They’d be better off getting the WBA keeper - Johnstone.
Ben white is shit in the air - not a good weakness for centre half.
The lad from Madrid scored 1 goal and 1 assist in his time here last season. Hardly mind blowing.
They’ve signed a other left back when they have Tierney.
The other lad they spent £17m. Names escapes me….says it all.

I see Arsenal slipping down to about 10th this year.

1 Like

May even be relegation fodder if they get in a bad run of games

2 Likes

Borrowing. They’ve gone from having a substantial cash cushion (over £100m at one point) for most of the time Wenger was at the club to now being around £500m in debt. Their cash flow is reportedly not very good so they have been borrowing to repay expiring debts. I’d forgotten that they had made a number of staff redundant last year, and have taken a £120m covid loan from the Bank of England.

I don’t see how this ends well for Arsenal.

Be great if they got relegated actually