Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

#TroopzIn
goal arsenal GIF by AFTV

3 Likes

Wait till @Iftikhar suggests Origi as player manager for them with his trademark Origi pic :joy:

2 Likes

I haven’t thought of them as big six for a couple of seasons now. Whenever I see that phrase I feel it includes Leicester now, not Arsenal.

3 Likes

Take a look at the actual quality of players Arteta has at his disposal. They are honestly a shit side who are getting the result commensurate with the players they have. I think the idea Arteta is underachieving is based on an expectation of what we expect Arsenal as a club to do, not what this version of them should be doing.

4 Likes

Gabriel is a good CB, Then they’ve got capable right and left backs. Their midfielders (with the exception of Xhaka) are alright. And they’ve got the likes of Saka/Laca/Auba/Martinelli/Balogun/Pepe in attack…

imbalanced , yeah for sure. the side is not balanced and could do with some defensive and midfield reinforcements. But a shit side on paper ? nope.

The fact that they can afford to sell Willock for 25M to newcastle (as he’s not needed) says a lot about the players in the side. The shit with arsenal starts at the coaching and tactics level… as well as the recruitment. That’s to do with Arteta and Edu.

1 Like

To be fair, a lot of the rot of how to run the football side of a club is precisely due to how much control of all of it that Wenger had.

2 Likes

I wish them well on Sunday.

With Chelsea and City in the next two games, things can be interesting :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d love to see two Arsenal wins. Damages our immediate rivals and we all know that Arsenal won’t sustain any sort of winning run.

4 Likes

Willian , Luiz and even Martinelli are Kia clients i think. That’s where the rumours of them signing on Phil come in as well. Never good for a club to be dictated to by agents.

I think it’s possible that if they sack Arteta they might go for Gerrard as his replacement. If that were to happen I think Stevie would accept and would see it as a proving ground for him eventually replacing Klopp.

There was a saying about Arsenal that they couldn’t put a new bulb in the floodlights without running it past Wenger first.

2 Likes

Frustrated World Cup GIF

2 Likes

A arsenal fan told me today a protest was planned before the game on Sunday about the way the club was being run but now they are the top spenders in the league so it will be interesting to see how many protest. :joy:

Arsenal have suffered from the same power and knowledge vaccuum that United had when Ferguson (another autocrat) left, but I think he was still doing a pretty good job with them almost to the end, given how quickly they fell away thereafter. He always had a bit of a blind spot when it came to the defence, though.

However, it’s clear that beyond him was just a massive absence of ability to run a football club, and again it’s easy to make the comparison with Arsenal losing Dein and United losing Gill, although in the former’s case it was some years before Wenger himself left the club (and perhaps their slow decline from title challengers to perennial 4th placers in that period is not a coincidence).

The Kroenkes have made a huge mess of the succession planning, and shown that even when they do invest it’s nearly worthless unless you have the right people in place calling the shots. It will be interesting to see if Edu lasts until the 22/23 season.

I still can’t get over how they did actually bring in the guy who could have overseen their next rebirth in Sven Mislintat, but effectively forced him out before he’d even had time to settle into the role.

3 Likes

Incredible how just a few months ago we were laughing at Spurs’s inability to get a manager, yet now they seem to be back in their groove, with a highly rated football director to boot! Yet, for years Arsenal have just continually got worse.

I agree on the Wenger thing. Was it Dein who said Arsene needed a strong voice at the club to push through transfers as he often dithered over them? Definitely took on too much responsibility after Dein left and Kroenke has done nothing to stabilise the club let alone get it back to where it was when he bought it.

1 Like

I got not sympathy for them. The club turned toxic against Werner, who was a brilliant manager for them and they deserve everything they get at the moment

And no way should Gerrard go there.

That club will wreck a new by manager.

They need an old head at the place to settle the slide

1 Like

So Auba and Lacazette, Willian and Runarsson have tested positive for covid and that’s why they missed the game against Brentford.

Did they not get vaccinated?

This is stupidity at the highest levels.

I just don’t get this anti- vax anti-mask movement.
If I was Arsenals owners, I’d be looking at not paying them while they were unavailable to play. (I know it’s not legal before Kopstar informs me, but in my mind it’s a breach of contract)

I’ve been traveling on the tube in London this past week and while it says its required to wear a face mask, the only ones not wearing them are the young 20 year olds. People, please mask up, not for yourselves, but for our parents and grandparents who have weakened immunity systems.

1 Like

They might have been vaccinated. Vaccinations don’t stop you from getting the disease. Just reduces the severity of it.

3 Likes