Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

It’s one thing to put faith in kids to move forward, or even to find yourself having to use kids to fill in gaps. It’s another to put them in a side with a completely void of any personality from the so called senior players. They’re is just very little about this side to give you any reason to feel positive. If they finish 8th they’ll have done well.

8 Likes

It’s like the chavs took pity on them and not went into their next gear. Absolutely shambles the arsenal defense is

2 Likes

To me firing Unai Emery was a mistake, but I was also surprised by how lost they looked defensively under Emery. The weird this is they have shipped fewer goals/match under Arteta and have also scored less; though Emery’s win percentage is significantly better.

Agree with those above who note that a big managerial appointment likely won’t help in the near term. They need some pragmatic signings to give the side leadership, discipline and strength. The Virgils, the Fabs. Strong-minded, smart players. A couple of those would do them a world of good because they do have creative talent.

But Arteta has to go. He is so naive.

If they had a spare 2 Billion I’d sell them a Henderson in 10 years :sweat_smile:

Second from bottom in the league.

for 40+1m , at least they’ll be smoking the right weed at the emirates

Alladross perched in the stanchions at the Emirates awaiting Xmas

1 Like

Just one problem. Why would a strong-minded player go to a weak-minded team? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Allardyce, Tony Pulis, Frank Lampard etc.

1 Like

I am hoping that they commit fraud on the fraud next week. At least they could show some fight and commitment, give city a physical bashing and they will maybe get a point.

FTR, according to Transfermarkt, Arsenal’s net spend over the past nine transfer windows has been almost £50 million higher than Chelsea’s, and trails only the two Manchester clubs.

Arteta is better than even odds to be the first manager sacked.

When there’s ̶a̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ lots of $$$ on the plate, there’s a way. :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

They will win the league at the end of the 2022-2023 season…the EFL Championship ie. :rofl:

1 Like

Conte is the elephant in the room, and the manager the fans seem to want (judging by AFTV).

Arsenal clearly have money to spend, and he might feel there’s enough potential there to be willing to take it on. I’d certainly expect the owners to be sounding him out if Arsenal get dumped out of the league cup by West Brom and lose to City, both of which are eminently possible.

2 Likes

I can imagine Conte would be on their fan’s wishlist. Many had a frustration with Wenger that his sides were too nice, and that he couldn’t organise a defence. None of his successors have really convinced on that front either. Conte has a successful track record, and a reputation for setting his sides up well so they are difficult to beat (and for being a bit of a b*****d.)

I do wonder if there is much money? Presumably the board will find cash for any incomer, but would it be enough for Conte? as mentioned a few days ago, Arsenal are now around £500m in debt and doesn’t have CL income. I would have thought part of the reason they went for Arteta was a lack of money (although I admit they have been spending fairly big under him too).

Conte would immediately strengthen them

1 Like

I can’t pretend to know much about their finances, but I look at how much they’ve spent in recent seasons on the likes of White, Pepe, Odegaard, Ramsdale etc and feel like there’s money there to be spent. Perhaps not more this season as they’ve spent, what, £130m or thereabouts, but compared to Inter and Spurs from the outside it looks like he’d have something of a budget to work with in future windows.

1 Like