Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

I saw a stat (sorry if it’s already been mentioned here) that every club Ramsdale has joined has been relegated that season.

Eek.

[just checked…

Joined Chesterfield on loan in January 2018, scored an own goal on debut, club relegated.

Joined Wimbledon on loan in January 2019, helped keep them up.

Started as Bournemouth no.1 for 19/20, relegated.

Sold to Sheffield United for 20/21. Relegated.

Sold to Arsenal 21/22. ???]

1 Like

It be great if Arsenal got relegated

1 Like

Nooo, Chelsea and Man City but not Arsenal. How could anyone wish that a guaranteed 6 points get relegated? :wink:

There are so many clubs I’d wish relegation on before Arsenal.

City
Chelsea
United
Everton
Burnley
Newcastle
West Ham
Southampton
Wolves

Then the rest are about equal

2 Likes

It would be even better, if Everton went with them.

I do t mean great from a point of view of i hate Arsenal, but it would be great to see a side who aren’t regarded as a side that could ever go down, go down.

EVERTON - I would fucking love to see them go down and I would love Rafa be the one to take them down.

My dream relegation trio would be the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea.

No hesitation whatsoever.

8 Likes

… and Everton to be in a play off against Burnley or WBA every year! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m loving the guy just above him who’s clearly delighted just to be there.

6 Likes

That would be soo much better if each step had a bloke with a longer beard than the previous.

1 Like

4 Likes

Will be playing at West Brom tomorrow night and then Saturday early kickoff at the Emptihad. Doesn’t really help.

The level of intelligence and integrity :rofl:

City and Chelsea. Without that filthy Sheikh and Russian mafia those two would have been relegated in any case.

2 Likes

Auba for free isn’t worth it. He represents exactly the sort of dilemma a club like Arsenal are in. His talent doesnt outweigh his lack of professionalism and so the really big clubs dont want him. The clubs the next level with some money to spend then look to him as their best shot of moving up the ladder and have to gamble on him keeping his shit together and not destablising things. Invariably it doesnt happen.

4 Likes

And similar to Barca pushing through the move for Coutinho, all moves were made more out of ego, out of a need to not be embarrassed in public, than out of football. For Arsenal, they felt that losing Ozil at that time would be the public marker of them no longer being a tip club and so overspent to keep him to avoid a PR hit despite it not being the move the team needed. For Utd it was concern over wanting to avoid the shame of losing a player to City, and for Barca it was a ego fueled response to losing Neymar.

You should judge your ego by what your players win and the pride they give you with their performances and the way they carry themselves in those years where they cannot give you a trophy. In all cases, those three clubs were still big enough with enough going for them that they would have got better footballing outcomes, leading to better PR and commercial footing, by focusing on a footballing decisions. Klopp’s clear eyed view on these issues is possibly my favourite thing about having him as our manager.

3 Likes
2 Likes

He makes Dave Bassett look like a human talisman.

1 Like

Anybody can read Arabic? (post via Reddit)

[Mohammed Saeed Alkaabi] Qatar is interested in purchasing Arsenal