Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

Can we nickname Saka ‘Ealing Borough Sterling’?

1 Like

That scorline will likely see today thrown in among all the other recent visits to Anfield, but this was a different Arsenal that we’ve seen come to Anfield for many years. They dont have the experience or quality to quitevhang at that level, but this wasnt a capitulation of a side who couldnt be arsed, which is what we’ve come to expect from this side in the last 5 years or so.

2 Likes

This is almost becoming boring.

I said in the pre-match thread that I missed facing an Arsenal side in a bit of form.

A few results aside, I can’t remember the last time they were a proper challenge for us.

It’s like 8 times out of 10, the same exact game happens.

1 Like

Dunno I enjoyed this one probably due to the smoke being blown up them and the fact our last two games had been depressing.

5 Likes

It was great that we put four past them, as the wanking from Tyler and Carragher over Ramsdale was frankly nauseating. There wasn’t one save he made in the first half that wasn’t a routine stop any competent keeper makes.

Still, he’s better than Pickford, so that’s a switch England ought to make.

1 Like

Ramsdale was pretty good until the goal, but it was funny that he conceded just after he laughed (I think when he saved Trent’s left footed shot). Just felt it might happen at that point.

:joy:

1 Like

https://youtu.be/eoNbbjI9L18

7 Likes

So were Jim Beglin and Jim Proudfoot. “Best in the world in making those second saves” Your initial save should be good enough so that you don’t need to make a second one.

Alisson will always remain underrated because being spectacular looks good, rather than actually doing the job. Just like Wan Bissaka actually having to make so many tackles because his positioning itself is wrong in most cases.

10 Likes

I was saying that to my friend when i was watching the game.

There’s an overconfidence which was increasingly creeping to the arsenal game…

The laugh and then the arteta antics signified that… Liverpool then decided to take arsenal to school.

3 Likes

Its very much like people wanking over pickford and de gea. They make acrobatic saves because their initial positioning forces them to go for the last ditch heroics. Alli on the other hand doesnt need to go for that.

5 Likes

They went all in on the hype they were getting. All of them from front to back and on the bench. The hollow looks and 1000 yard stares as they became increasingly run over while the goals and shots rained in and as the final whistle went was enormously satisfying.

3 Likes

Ramsdale is a good keeper. I’d rate Pope as the better english keeper though but ramsdale is better than the likes of pickford and henderson.

Kelleher if he had declared for England would have been on par with Pope i reckon.

1 Like

TRex has to do so much diving because his arms are toooo short to reach out and catch most of the shots.! :0)

1 Like

Happens frequently in their games against us since Klopp arrived…the first time I remember probably somewhat deserved (Mane’s debut), since then probably not particularly the game with the Firmino hat trick.

1 Like

:rofl:

4 Likes

Pfff.

The grest Harry Maguire was doing it over a year ago

4 Likes

Wasn’t aware he had that option.

1 Like

I remember seeing that and thought it probably is something I imagined :joy:

Maybe both Bobby and Ronaldinho? I remember reading somewhere he was his idol early in his career.

2 Likes

All the English keepers are bog standard premier league goalies and no better.

First Pickford was hyped, then Henderson, now Ramsdale. None of them are top goalkeepers. Neither is Pope.

Who England pick in goal is of little consequence, there’s a gnat’s pube between them all and none are worth the amount of praise they receive.

Nothing Ramsdale did against us was particularly impressive. Compare anything he did to Alisson’s save from Partey’s shot, which he made look absolutely simple. Pickford, Henderson and Ramsdale would’ve had to make a ‘world class’ save to keep that out.

In 2-3 years there’ll be another who goes through the same cycle.

9 Likes

The hype over Ramsdale comes from making a few saves in a period where Arsenal have won a few games.

I believe it is also because of the fact Leno was useless.

1 Like