Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

michael zegen joel GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

1 Like

One a couple of days ago in the Porto match that he just tips over the bar. Doesn’t look special but it’s a good save.

Was Arsenal not Porto actually hut point stands

1 Like
4 Likes

Said it in match thread, but this is the difference between the likes of Alisson and the other goalkeepers. Not much fuss will be made of this because it wasn’t “spectacular”. It however did the job more than what Ramsdale, Pickford etc do. Neither did this concede a corner, nor back into the area for another chance. Instead it helps create a counter attacking situation for us. Won’t swap Alisson with any other keeper in the world.

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1467217498110152705?s=20

6 Likes

Similar sorta keeper to DDG , Pickford…

Look good diving around because their basic positioning is lacking. That forces them to make those last ditch saves.

We’ve had Mignolet who was in the same mould too…

1 Like

His positioning was wrong. It was clear that shelvey could only shoot to the right. Also shelveys hit curved a bit too much to the center of the goal instead of curving later which would have made it unstoppable

Secondly , Ramsdale reacted later than most keepers even after the shot was hit… He then had to go for the hail mary and gets the plaudits for the acrobatic save whereas he’s committed two mistakes there that a top class keeper would never do.

Forget even top class keeper , the likes of pope , kasper , kelleher would make it a routine stop

1 Like

A couple of weeks ago they were talking about beating Liverpool and going above us in the premier league :crazy_face:

1 Like

Aubameyang dropped for disciplinery reasons. 2nd time under the Clone of Ego

Looks like same mistakes being made as Ozil

1 Like

It’s the beginning of the end for Aubamayang at Arsenal, by the looks of it.

I’d drop him for being shit, when I saw he was back and starting against us I was quite happy.

A opposing striker selection should never cheer up the opposition fans. I remember worrying about Ings today.

2 Likes

I wondered what he did our entire game tbh and I feel the same way whenever I see him play. Which is quite the opposite when he was at Dortmund.

4 Likes

It’s been the last few versus us and he hasn’t done much in the other Arsenal games I have seen.

2 Likes

Oh and I see twitter wankfest on Ramsdale started again, because he did a sliding celebration. Geez!

1 Like

Not sure why there is constant adulation from the media for Ramsdale…
but if it helps him take the England shirt from T.Rex… then I am all for it :0)

1 Like

Another one who is/was more liked by fans than how good he was/is.

I think that is a bit unfair.

He was very good until he got that bumper contract putting him on around 350K p/w from memory. So it seems similar to Ozil, let the contract negotiations till to late, then feared lsoing him for nothing so offered such a ridiculous wage to ward off any potential rivals stealing him that they will now be stuck with him as noone will take him on as the wages are so out of whack for what he is currently producing

I don’t think it is, I’m talking more in general now.

I’m not saying he’s not good, but he got a lot of love from fans over the last years, even going back to his Dortmund days. It’s simple though, he’s got numbers, pace and acrobatic finishes. That sells it almost every time.

For me, there are perfect reasons why his peak club career will end up playing for Dortmund (winning a cup) and playing for not a great Arsenal side (also winning a cup), after also winning a cup at St. Etienne (he did look interesting to me then, but I didn’t know much about him).

He wanted something more, media linked him all the time with something more, most fans probably thought he deserved something more. He could’ve been a success, but I’m not surprised nobody actually took him.

The whole hype around bringing both Lacazette and Aubameyang didn’t really turn out to be successful for Arsenal. To this day, whenever there’s someone new in charge of Arsenal, there are still questions over how that should work on the pitch.

1 Like

he provides the sort of challenge that really reveals a person’s views on what is important in football. He has a very good goal scoring record, even more so given their relative lack of competitiveness. But there has been a sense that overall his presence in the side makes them a worse side and harder to achieve what Arteta, and Emery before him, wants to do.

1 Like

The great Aubameyang now stripped off the captaincy.

Who is the genius who named him captain in the first place.

:joy:

arsenal arsenalfantv GIF by AFTV
:rofl:

2 Likes