Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

Leno is the one who turned out to be somewhat overrated, considering his time when he was young, German (that hype around all German goalkeepers, so lazy…), had a lot of seasons at Leverkusen. I think that one went pretty much under the radar. I remember before how he was a popular wish among fans.

Wasn’t a big fan of Ramsdale at his previous two clubs in the PL, but there are obviously some elements that a possession based side likes. We’ll see what’s his ceiling. He may never be a top goalie, but he might give more competition to Pickford and it’s not impossible that England win something withtout having a top goalie.

1 Like

oO, oO, Karius!!! :grinning:

1 Like

He was cheap as f*ck and nobody knew who he was, so it’s different.

:joy:

1 Like

There’s a touch of the Pickford in his demeanor that’s yet to be exposed. The little stuff he was doing against us at 0-0, cheering along with the Leicester crowd, getting over hyped up at the smallest stuff.

That emotional control is so important for a keeper, especially in the aftermath of making a crucial mistake.

Saw it with Joe Hart a lot. See it often enough with Pickford. Ramsdale has it about him too. Don’t see it in top top keepers though. Will always be something that is going to be a limiting factor when their actual ability is just above average.

5 Likes

After following the PL for more than 15 years I can confirm that English goalkeepers, managers and referees are on the same level. :see_no_evil:

and certain overpriced defenders too.

1 Like

Normally I’d be rooting for the barcodes in this match but I want to see Saudi Arabiacastle go down.

I hope Arsenal batter them 10-0.

1 Like

Arsenal should know that this game is about their future. If Newcastle doesn’t go down this season Gunners will be the first to suffer next season already. I’m talking spots in the table and transfers.

1 Like

Just to bore on about Ramsdale for a second, I’ve just come across the perfect gif that encapsulates my previous post.

That’s made to look far more difficult than it was.

5 Likes

Only thing I can think why he wouldn’t move is he sees it late.

He was very human when Jota put him on his arse

I will look awesome in a slow motion clip :crazy_face:

If he is that good why didn’t he catch it instead of giving a corner away…!

He very nearly fucked up a routine save by only managing to fingertip it against the crossbar but getting plaudits because he made the fuck up look spectacular because of a flamboyant dive and nailing the landing. Irritating that he’s getting such adulation but it’s a good thing as it will keep the Arse with a fairly average keeper.

4 Likes

This came in my timeline “Who wouldn’t watch this the entire week?” FFS this is what the gunners are celebrating for an entire week… such a significant save in context of title challenge :joy:

1 Like

He was flapping half of the shots straight at him in our game and then had to put double the effort to save the follow through. But hey, double saves are so good everyone loves those. Why keep it simple when you can entertain as a keeper!

1 Like

It’s really sad how deep they have sunk. Not long ago they were a club with European pedigree, now they are a club battling for relevance.

They are basically the 1990s version of us

Fixed that for you.

He very nearly fucked up a routine save by only managing to fingertip it against the crossbar but getting plaudits because he made the fuck up look spectacular because of a flamboyant dive and nailing the landing.
[/quote]

He has to do the spectacular because he’s made such a mess of the routine. If that shot comes at Alisson he is already stood where he needs to be and catches it.

It was the same against us. He was getting plaudits for the saves when the reality was he was taking shots straight down his throat and palming them back into danger, requiring another intervention from him. Again a competent keeper either holds the ball, or parries it well put of danger.

1 Like