Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

Premier League Football GIF by Arsenal

Said the above back in May and aside from Willian walking away from about £20m it’s all pretty much coming true.

Aubameyang contributing nothing and now stripped of the captaincy too.

Pepe seems to be all but bombed out. Spent massive on a goalkeeper and now Leno will leave probably for free (don’t think there’s that much between the two of them). Lacazette isn’t doing anything and will walk for nothing. Still a load of chaff to shift next summer with few clubs likely to be rocking up to give them decent money for any of them.

Next issue will be Thomas Partey who hasn’t looked anything close to the player they expected. And in what world is Ben White a £50m centre back? They might get by on the fact that outside the current top three, the rest down to about Newcastle are much of a muchness. But dear god they’re a spent force from the glory days. 18 years since they last won the league I think.

2 Likes

Honestly, I had forgotten about him!

I think the 18 years since the league is less relevant than the period since Wenger left. They made at least as much a mess of replacing Wenger as ManU did of replacing Ferguson, and it was basically their own damn fans who forced Wenger out.

6 Likes

They are an example of club where the strategic decision making is absolutely idiotic.

Mind you, I have enjoyed seeing arsenal fans already mentally spending the money they are going to get for him in the summer. Bless.

3 Likes

Really? I would have thought they had figured out there is no happy ending possible, it is not like they haven’t seen it before.

Kroenke, where is the Oezil money?

1 Like
3 Likes

They’ve overpaid on certain players for sure. Paid top money with no return, which has set them back.

If they are content to play the long game, they should look to develop their exciting youngsters, and expect ups and downs for two years, The pay back can come in the future.

Much like the derided Lampard, who due to the transfer ban, was forced to let the youngsters play and have time to grow together. You can see the results from the likes of Mount, Reece, etc, mixed in with experience such as Kante.

But it’s fun to see them win a few games, think they’re going places, then lose 5 games on the bounce. Then panic sets in, either a manager sacking or a churn of highly paid poor transfers come in, and rinse and repeat.

1 Like

They ha e some brilliant youngsters I would give them that.

I wish we could have snagged Martinelli and Saka but I guess that ship has sailed. I loved both players at first sight, they seem to be made of the right stuff (not just in terms of ability but also the mental strength). I’m very surprised to see Martinelli overcome such a difficult injury so quickly, he seems sharper and quicker off the mark than ever.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s impossible or even too difficult to span them up. No idea about Martinelli, but I like Saka.

1 Like

1 Like

Pretty sure if Arteta doesn’t get the sack before the end of next season he’ll take over from Pep at City.

1 Like

I hope you’re right. That would be absolutely brilliant for us.

1 Like

Aubameyang out with heart lesions caused by covid. At his age, that is probably the end of the line. Contract through to June 2023, his value is now certainly less than the remaining wages on the contract.

1 Like

Knowing that they will be without Xhaka but probably hoping that Odegaard, Smith-Rowe and Tomiyasu will be back (or am I missing other players?).

That’s why they pushed for the postponement.

1 Like

But wouldn’t they have been back anyhow?

Regardless of the postponement, it effects the Spurs game more than others.

1 Like

Sorry if this has already been posted. That’s one of them banged up and one sadly dead. Arsenal fans in general? I met Claude, was a decent chap I thought. This animal……

1 Like

He’s not Goodenough, Robbie….

(I’ll get me coat…)

4 Likes

But he is Goodenough to be a jailbird.