Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

Boring but interesting fact there is a goodenough road in Wimbledon.

When is it gonna end Robbeh !!!

1 Like

Isnt auba among the lot who refused to get vaccinated ?

We know there are a few players at Arsenal who are not, but they won’t declare who is and who isnt and Auba himself has been fairly tight lipped about it. I think in cases like this though most people who have been vaccinated understand the value though and so tend to be fairly open about being vaccinated.

3 Likes

I think we are missing an incredible opportunity to study the effects of the vaccine and/or Covid side effects. The people in professional sports (all sports) are a perfect sample in order to determine what is going on with the heart issues. The beyond exponential increase in heart issues is extremely alarming and it is not being discussed as far as I can tell. The pro sports professionals are rigorously tested (fitness wise) on a regular basis. You don’t even need to disclose names, just simple feedback, heart condition, yes/no, had Covid, yes/no, vaccinated, yes/no. It has been so politicized that I don’t think anyone really wants to know what the truth is, as whatever the outcome there will be the “I told you so” arseholes. It’s also alarming as any vaccine/medication will never be improved upon unless there is scientific feedback on side effects or efficacy.

2 Likes

Yikes

2 Likes

I guess all we can say is Xhaka in the clear as you’d get awful odds on him getting booked.

3 Likes

One of the dumbest footballers I’ve ever seen in my 20+ years following the sport, honestly.

He’s got a good long pass, good shot sometimes, can jump, is aggressive and even too aggressive.

But that’s it, apart from that he’s too slow and simply not very intelligent.

1 Like

For some reason, I have a vague impression of people on TIA hankering after him and Shaqiri, way back in 2012, when they were supposed to be the next big things…

2 Likes

Oh yeah, there was definitely a time pre-arsenal when he was name checked for every club whose fans thought their one problem was a lack of a “proper defensive midfielder”, including us.

1 Like

Ouch, that’s harsh… :rofl:

He’s a strange number to be fair. He can be absolutely brilliant at times. For the Swiss national team, he has been nothing less than the major driving force since around ten years. During his Arsenal career, while having had numerous affairs, red cards galore, being vilified by his own fans, the national media and apparently the whole country, he’s like a cat: he seems to have nine lives or more, and always comes back from being dead and buried. Throughout their changes in managers since Wenger, he has convinced every manager to trust him, despite of all the problems.

On the other hand, I agree that he’s terrible at times, really terrible. Lack of intelligence? I don’t know, but he reminds me a bit of Lovren in how he could be ultra-reliable and even brilliant at times… until his next brain-fart.

Agree with you that he’s too slow for the PL. I’ve never understood why he never went to Italy or Spain.

1 Like

That must have been me… :rofl:

In all seriousness, I’m pretty sure it was! :rofl:

I think the comparison with Lovren is spot-on, talented but without a brain.

3 Likes

He has never impressed me when I’ve seen him play for Arsenal. Surprised he is still around.

first time I saw Shaq was my visit to my cousin in Zurich, he was playing for Basel. miles ahead of anyone else on the pitch. I thought for sure he was going to be a marquee. shame that he was not on the right teams

Yes I think it was actually!

Yeah, same for me, I watched him extensively when he was at Basel. He was a truly outstanding talent.

It’s really the injuries which did him time and time again. His time at LFC is an illustration of his overall career since he left Basel. Good start - injury - long lay-off - comes back - in and out of the team - hits some good vein of form - injury - rinse and repeat ad nauseaum.

He’s unfortunately not the first nor the last player ruined by injuries. We’ve had our fair share of them over the years.

By the way, Xhaka almost never gets injured. That’s an important difference between the two.

Auba is back and fine

Maybe his heart just wasn’t in it for AFCON this time round. Funny it’s back for Arsenal or is it…

WTF??

I just Googled AFTV for some hilarity and saw that shit about DT…I wonder how far his YouTube fame will get him in the clink??

FMD

3 Likes

Think I’ve posted this on TIA before, but…

A few years ago I was in Vilnius in a pool hall having a some games with a mate. We got talking to some Swiss football journalists that night (the Swiss were playing Lithuania), I asked about Xhaka as this was around the time he was playing in Germany and was highly rated. They had some serious vitriol to throw towards this big stiff idiot. I can’t remember exactly what they said but I remember they were absolutely scathing of him, they didn’t rate him at all and thought he was a knobhead.

They couldn’t say enough good words about Henchoz, though.

2 Likes