Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

I agree wholeheartedly :rofl:

2 Likes

How can they possibly cope with their 45 games a season?

A Championship team for comparison will play 48 at least.

Also they dumped about three players in January and got their North London Derby called off.

5 Likes

Arsenal used to be the most likeable club out of the traditional Top 6.

Lost all my respect for them because of Arteta the twat and Wengers idea of a biennial World Cup.

5 Likes

They are a weird one, the fans I know always give some beginning of the season but acceptance always dawns on them and generally they end up being quite praiseworthy of us at the end.

Sad thing is I don’t really hate Westham as a team but several incidents outside Upton Park and Anfield has left me sour about their fan base.

Spurs I know a few nice people but keep them away from discussing football as the vitriol towards us is just odd.

Man Utd have some good well reasoned fans but then the shitehawks as well.

Only Wolves fan absolutely loves Klopp and our team bar when we play them.

Throw in Chelsea I guess here, I live in Kingston and they are entitled as any absolutely loathsome bar one guy and the bloke in the coffee shop.

Leicester I know three and all cheer us so I’m generally positive about them though the Rodgers flaws are evident as they were here.

Other fans, Palace I have fondness for the time spent there as they are bloody passionate fans well three thirds of the stadium the others are comedians. Soton I know three always completely wrong but good natured and Watford who fan who is very knowledgable.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Love that use of Jota, does show you how little Man City have played, they will now need to play twice a week like us all the more baffling he didn’t make a single change on Monday and put pretty much a first team out at Lisbon with the tie 5-0 up.

I’m not sure what their squad is like beyond the first team but it doesn’t look particularly deep

4 Likes

What about Chelsea and City?

Yeah that can’t be right Chelsea should be second.

Edit: First actually

4 Likes

City 43
Chelsea 48

3 Likes

Yeh, that’s one hell of a schedule, Arteta.

2 Likes

Don’t look like he’s ready for the champions league.

I think people often assume that just because of their spending they have the textbook “2 players for every position”, but they really don’t. You can ignore their kids, because Pep does, and after selling torres and ignoring Mendy, they have 17 outfields players. Most are fairly interchangeable, although Ake is a clear downgrade compared to the rest on form this season, and Grealish really hasnt earned a spot. But I think what that means is they can make 5 changes from one league to the next and both will look like their strongest side. But once you ask them to make their 6th and 7th change all of a sudden they are noticeably weaker.

5 Likes

Maybe they can play a couple of their postponed matches next season :rofl:

It’s something I looked at and noticed beyond their bench it was pretty thin but I thought I was missing something

Well, we had a similar climb back to top 4 in 16/17 without European football after that heavy Sevilla loss. Very similar in the cups also, one LC semi final. Of course it can help, but it’s not the only factor. First and foremost, you need to be good in a competitive league like this. Credit to Arsenal for “cleaning” their roster (still more work to do of course) and improving performances/results. We’ll see what they do this summer in order to remain there if they achieve it.

1 Like

Lego man seems to have learnt all the worst whinging managerial shite from his mentor and compatriot, the doper.

8 Likes

Yes 100%

The cheeky bastard he was the one that got the Tottenham fixture postponed with one dodgy case of Covid!

3 Likes

Just when I thought that Arsenal are on the up and looking like favourites to nail that fourth spot, they self imploded. While Partey is a huge loss for them (it seems that his season is over), I think that Tierney’s absence hurts Arsenal more than that of any other player. It’s rare to have a fullback that is as influential on one team in terms of overall mentality and combative spirit. Of course, I doubt that Klopp and Guardiola and any fan of Liverpool or Man City would have him over their starting fullbacks but I can’t remember the last time Arsenal had a really good performance, especially in defence, when he wasn’t available.

Tottenham might the favourites for that fourth spot now, though you can never discount Man United as the luckiest team ever.

1 Like

Spursenal

2 Likes