Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

William Saliba lost all 10 of his aerial duels against Brentford today.

It’s the most aerial duels a player has contested yet won 0 in a Premier League match this season.

(WhoScored)

1 Like

At no point they’ve been favorites to win the league in my book.

A win against Villa tomorrow and City could be top of the table at the Emirates on Wednesday.

I’d happily say that’s worse than our CB’s, but our players don’t even contest aerial duels at times.

:joy:

Damaging loss, maybe. They have some potential banana peels upcoming. Villa and then Leicester before receiving the gift of Everton.

1 Like

Good Ebening

Villa have looked a bit flat to be honest, I thought they would have shown a bit more.

1 Like

On a razor’s edge, though. They have the weapons, and Coutinho’s late cameos have been pleasant to watch. Gunners won’t want to stroll into that one.

1 Like

Emery will be eager to beat Arsenal, not that he’s playing!

I see a draw, with the Gunners starting to get a bit twitchy, having dropped 10 points from the last 18.

1 Like

Arsenal starting to run out of gas. Looks ominous for the Gooners. I think they’ll fall away as I predicted.

2 Likes

Bloody well hope not. Rather they won it than either of the sportswashing clubs or our friends from Salford.

Oh well… looks like we’ll just have to win the rest of our games and pip everyone on the last day.

5 Likes

optimisticoldgit?

Donkey Kong Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight

1 Like

Don’t worry Arsenal, in four years they will take this title away from City and hand it to you :sweat_smile:

Don’t want cheaty to win, obviously but Arse winning after one fairly meh season when we played four better seasons for just the one title would be a bit of a kick in the arse.

1 Like

Last four games:

Lost to Cheaty 0-1 FA Cup
Lost to Bitters 0-1
Drew with Brentford 1-1
Lost to Cheaty 1-2

They are struggling a bit lately.

1 Like

They are, but in terms of performance that was not the game of a struggling side. The result will hurt. Dropping to second, even if with a game in hand, will be a potential psychological blow, but there is still enough there to draw positives from.

Cheating bitter bee cheats.

Aye, I think Arteta is playing it well. EVERYONE is aware they only got a draw with Brentford because they were robbed by incompetent VAR officiating on the equalizer. It’s made everyone, likely even his own side, forget that Brentford had a goal chalked off for a very soft foul (similar to the last goal they scored against us) that because the ref blew his whistle wasnt subject to VAR review. In a time when he’s dropping points he’s keeping the message on the dropped points not being their fault.

1 Like

Pep has activated his sleeper cell at Arsenal :laughing:

1 Like

Big news for Arsenal, reports are that they have reached verbal agreement with Saka over a new contract. Next targets are Saliba and Martinelli.