Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

Looks a decent signing. Loves a no look pass.

By the time the players return from the international break Arsenal will have paid Ozil more than £11m since he last played for them :rofl:

Impressive late signing, that one. We have already noticed that Arsenal have toughened up since Arteta took over. Partey will surely help them to become even more resilient in midfield. They’ll become hard to break down with such an athletic player in there, and it will help release their attacking players.

With that signing, I expect them to seriously compete for a top four place now.

(just saw that compilation above… :laughing: but he’s still a good signing for them)

Arteta is gradually building up a team. At this rate, they will be a title contender in 2022.

Unlike Chelsea, they aren’t buying a bunch, they are doing it one player at a time.

If the official unveiling video doesn’t have this as the soundtrack, heads should roll…

https://youtu.be/svTuSRiFPoc

1 Like

I’m disappointed that this signing wasn’t completed under Wengers’ reign.

2 Likes

HAHAHAHA…Ozil’s gotta be trolling right now.

2 Likes

One of my favourite football moments ever was that time Gunnersaurus lined up for a minutes silence with the rest of the squad and solemnly bowed his head with that stupid goofy grin.

2 Likes

There’s a twitter account dedicated to the cause!

https://twitter.com/MascotSilence

Fair to say you got off lightly back in '88!

5 Likes

To be fair to him, a big part of his stance was that he would not consider a salary reduction until Arsenal put forward a plan of how that money would be used to save staff and solidify the club. They never did and he was somewhat vindicated to be cynical about their intentions by their subsequent redundancies.

4 Likes

Oh my god I’m dying. Thank you so much for that!!!

3 Likes

That started through WSC magazine boards, some great ones to be honest.

I said Arteta was building a decent side at Arsenal with the league as it is I can see them challenging for top 4

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS

Jack Wilshere has agreed terms to become Gunnersaurus on a 12-month deal. He will miss the first 3 games with a tail injury.

11 Likes

Where is Jack Wilshere nowadays? He was at Bournemouth for a time wasn’t he?

1 Like

Westham have just released him he says he’s fit looking for a club at the moment

3 Likes

2020 has been so crazy it wouldn’t surprise me to see Ozil subbed on in the Gunnarsaurus costume and score a winner in stoppage time…after being awarded a handball penalty by VAR, of course.

2 Likes

They got players who can’t even make the squad paying staff wages! And people complain about FSG :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Arsenal have left Mesut Ozil out of their Europa League squad, reports Amy Lawrence.

Ozil has become a peripheral figure under Mikel Arteta and has not played for the club since March.

Whether that’s a precursor to the same fate coming when the Premier League squads are submitted later this month remains to be seen but the signs are crystal clear.

Ozil remains at the club, available to train, around to pick up his wage, but he increasingly exists in a kind of black hole at London Colney when it comes to playing time.

:joy:

5 Likes