Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

To quote the Spartans, ‘If’

4 Likes

There’s other teams that will take points off Arsenal, I hope they put six past Everton.

2 Likes

Yup key phrase is if, to be honest I think they surprised us, I didn’t expect the way they played, I expected the game like Anfield last season.

I think that’s why we went so gung ho, they might be more cautious against Arsenal. After all we know even when they’ve been dire they still have taken points from us and I have to say I’m really not sure what they are like.

But if truth be told I feel the same about Arsenal.

1 Like

2 Likes

They kicked him where they could kick him started with that lunatic Martinez after 3 minutes, no yellow from Manchester Paul so they knew they could get away with murder on him.

1 Like

Some reports that Arsenal had a late offer for Feran Torres turned down, whose move to barca doesnt seem to have worked out very well. Could have been an interesting purchase for them, but should raise a bit of concern that Arteta doesnt have much of an idea what to do other than probe old City contacts.

5 Likes

Seven wins out of eight. Well done Arty :clap:

They look different so far this season. One loss to an amped up Man Utd side, but they regrouped, beat Brentford and today beat Spurs. I thought Spurs would at least draw today, but Arsenal had too much for them.

The red card changed it too, so I don’t want to go overboard, but Arsenal very much look to have added some maturity and steel to the skill they’ve had for a while.

They’re a good side right now. Not as good as us or City at our best, but I dont think it’s crazy to think they might be good enough to take advantage of us both having an off year. Their biggest issue is how few options they have other than the 11 who started today, but their world cup involvement is likely to be much less than the other top sides and so even that might work in their favour to help mitigate against their biggest flaw.

I think they’ll struggle with the 2/3 games a week rhythm.

2 Likes

I am sure they will I think the open question is will this be a 14-15 type season where the other assumed front runners just never get moving either.

Do you mean 15-16?

They have won the league in September and maybe they will be runners up before the World Cup but still can’t see them finish the season above us.

Seemingly so

Sorry if this was already posted/discussed.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

I admire what Arteta is doing at Arsenal but dear me, but has to be one of the dumbest things I ever saw in football.

Such a cringe feeling when I watched that.

Modern overthinking, I don’t know how to call that.

Don’t think this helps not even 1%.

In general, I think it might.

But in this case it was a spectacular failure as they went on to lose 4-0

:man_facepalming:

Get well soon, Pablo :pray:

2 Likes

Being reported his injuries aren’t life-threatening but 1 of the 5 people that were stabbed died.

Can anyone compare their spending (or their net spent) in the last 6 or 7 years to ours?

Did they actually reach the CL since Klopp came here?

We’ve reached the EL final, three CL finals (won one), won the league and all the other trophies but it feels their spending hasn’t been far off ours.

1 Like

Without checking I think they’ve only made the CL once, I recall a defeat to the mighty Olimpicans…I remember them getting to the UEL final under Emery and getting battered but otherwise have they even got close to a trophy?

& even this season I don’t think they’ll get close to 1, maybe finish on 80 odd points in the league.

Arsenal will always be a club I respect because they’ve never relied on heavy spending and bring up more youths than any club in the Prem.

Think the biggest 2 transfers in their squad now (excluding the 70m for Pepe) are White 50m and Partey 60m then it’s Jesus at 40m.

Ramsdale Yomiyashu Tierney Gabriel Odegaard Saliba - another 150m or so on those 5, so they have spent but yes I don’t think it’s too much from us.

& also like us they’ve recruited well (credit to Edu), signing top young hungry talent. Gabriel and Saliba look like they could be 1 of the best partnerships for the next 4-5 years.

1 Like