Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

Funny if true…

2 Likes

I wonder who Arsenal would go after.

Who’s Pep #2 now?

I don’t see neither Xavi nor Arteta leaving their jobs yet.

Rodolfo Borrell.

Maybe they can get Xavi :wink:

Gross Spends

2016/17: €113m
2017/18: €153m
2018/19: €80m
2019/20: €161m
2020/21: €86m
2021/22: €167m
2022/23: €132m

1 Like

And importantly they’ve always had CL wages. Ironically, doing the difficult work of getting that under control by offloading under performing high wage earners is what has allowed them to finally move forward. They are a textbook example of how just going out there and buying someone can be an anchor that is hard to shift.

4 Likes

This thread is misteriously quiet and inactive in last days/weeks/months…

:joy:

Too early in the season. :woozy_face::woozy_face:

No wonder - they’re us, only better! :joy:

Good luck to them.

From missing out on 4th to Spurs on final day to winning the league the next season would be unthinkable.

Still don’t believe they will go all the way and tbh I don’t want them to win the league. Don’t need another Monster to wake up.

1 Like

We are only 14 games into a season.

Be interesting if they can cope with injuries they are getting very lucky with ref decisions mind.

5 Likes

Congratulations where they are due.

If it’s not us, they are the least bad alternative.

5 Likes

I also still think City will overtake them, but stranger things happened. I didn’t trust Leicester until the last games that they’d do it when they did.

Football goes in cycles, can’t be City and Liverpool forever. We will all have good periods and bad periods, it’s just how it goes.

Arsenal’s mission was top 4, they will most probably achieve and overachieve that. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Youngest side in the league also, some admirable work lately.

Although Arteta had to survive some periods like the start of last season.

But honestly I could buy into what he was trying to do from early on, not so much into Lampard at Chelsea, for comparison.

The rest, we’ll see, if they can win and then win things in a row, etc.

2 Likes

I would rather they win it than City, but it would fucking smart that we’ve been going toe to with City for years, notching 95+ point seasons, and the first year they have a dip, we’re nowhere too.

If they win it on 85 points I’d be fucking livid.

2 Likes

I think it ‘feels’ like we are a long way into this season because of the enforced break we are about to have but its still way less than 50% done.

Its nice to see Man City not getting it all their own way without us competing but I still generally feel like they’ve hit a purple patch and are riding high on it. Squad depth is extremely thin also and they’ve gotten away with minimal injuries to date.

Things change quickly in the Premier League, as evidenced by Chelsea and Spurs falling off the cliff - something that has seemingly only been overshadowed by our own trevails.

They’re positioning themselves well for a top 4 finish and that should still their goal, but I think a run at the title is beyond this squad honestly.

4 Likes

If it goes for 85 points I’d expect us to be in the mix for that.

1 Like

Wonder what they are calculating Chelsea off.

Be intriguing to know what it was like after Leeds, Spurs would have shifted the needle a fair bit but yeah Liverpool have had a really poor season and yet look at the league and we will be no less than 7th tonight

Though 7 and 8 points behind they do have that game in hand. Plus will play Spurs at Anfield as well as Man Utd and Arsenal.

1 Like