Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

Helps with humility

Came so close to that quad and flopped it.

How about a sense of reality.

They were not good enough.

2 Likes

No; what has cost them the title is being up against the equivalent of a steroid-boosted Ben Johnson in the 100m final.

Manchester City are cheats, plain and simple.

8 Likes

Again, something Arsenal could never come close to doing.

We were neck and neck with City the whole season and they couldn’t beat us home or away, Arsenal got their arses handed to them home and away…difference between losing to Sporting in the Europa & losing to the best club in the world in a CL final.

You’re comparing apples and oranges.

1 Like

Erm…

I’m specifically talking about Arsenal yet others want to bring us into the equation like it was the same thing.

Fans all season, especially ours being salty seeing someone else challenging City - “Arsenal arent that good really. City will still beat them”

Fans now that their prediction has come true - “LOL BOTTLERS.”

1 Like

No, City couldn’t beat us…but we bottled it by losing to West Ham and Leicester - makes it much worst.

City lost more games than us. We were as deserving of being crowned champions…bit of luck and I’m sure we would’ve, just like 5 years ago.

Also we were chasers the whole season, made up 14 points on them…that isn’t bottling anything…being 8 points clear and now being 4 points off (soon to be 7) is.

We deserved fuck all as we couldn’t beat West Ham or Leicester…

Are you referring to 2018/19 or the last season? In both of them, we had appalling decisions go against us, which ultimately cost us the title.

4 Likes

Bizarre to me you’re using LFC missing out on the title by a point as a battering ram all because I said Arsenal have bottled the league & yet you think you can relate to that as a result.

The 2 couldn’t be further apart.

We didn’t bottle a thing.
Arsenal bottled the lot.

You don’t even need to dislike a team to say this about them, I have nothing against Arsenal personally as a club other than their smug (not so much now) big headed manager, it’s the reality of the situation.

Please understand this.

Well, I said they would bottle it, run out of gas, be ground down, however you want to phrase it, ages ago. So, there it is: “I told you so.”

The reality is Arteta and the team are not good enough. I’ll be shocked if they put together a “title challenge” next season. They’ve had their Leicester moment, perfect storm, all their ducks in a row etc etc.

They’re not really a likeable team, Arteta is a bit of an idiot, their fans are arrogant. They’re small time, see their time wasting at Anfield from the start of the game.

Let’s hope Newcastle or Manure ‘bottle it’ too.

1 Like

Well obviously.
But aside from that

https://twitter.com/i/status/1658044801152090114

1 Like

Same shit we’ve been saying for years (re. Tyler at least).

3 Likes

We’ll see - I admire a lot of players in their team but on the whole they seem, how to put it… A stronger version of 2013/14 Liverpool with better distribution of quality?

When all of their defenders are fit, their defence looks pretty good, to be honest, and I’m rather impressed with their attack. Partey-Xhaka axis is functional even though it’s not world-beating.

If they manage to keep their best players together and quality in depth, they won’t suffer their version of post-second place meltdown but the key to their success is convincing the likes of Saka and Odegaard to stay and the likes of Rice to join. If they manage that, they’ll be a threat next season (but definitely not strong enough to rival Man Cheaters).

Heard the same talk about us during the 18/19 season when we ended up a point short after leading most of the way. Now, I am not saying that this Arsenal team is as good as that CL winning Liverpool team was, not even close, but in the context of this season they were more than good enough and deserving to win the league. Quite comfortably too. It just so happens that they’ve run into the same cheating bastards we did both off and on the pitch.

Their running out of steam wouldn’t have mattered in a level playing field. The cunts have made it impossible for any not state funded team to be anything less than perfect.

2 Likes

I think it’s great that at least another club found out how unfair the situation is.

2 Likes