Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

Was it our league winning season when we had the Toxic Thunder 3rd kit?

Looks like a cheesy alien planet backdrop for the original Star Trek TV series.

I think their issue started with the lose of Tomiyasu and having to push White out to FB. If they had not lost him, or at least had cover for him, the lose of Saliba would not have been as bad as they would have had White and Gabriel as their 2 CBs rather than having to play Holding

1 Like

We thought that with our kit, turned out the magic eye only puzzled our players.

In the morning, after sobering up, he was heard to mutter: “What the fuck? Did I really say that?”

1 Like

I wish we had bought Trossard last January he tearing Barca apart

Again? He scored 2 against them only last night

1 Like

Maybe I am watching the same game sorry

If you want to watch Barca getting pummelled, I can recommend you a game…

2 Likes

I have already watched it uptrend times

Yeah but Barca in a friendly we smashed them 4-0 that would never happen in a proper game :wink:

1 Like

You prefer Tosshard to Cody?

I was at Wembley for that but didn’t enjoy the win as much as the second leg win of the CL at Anfield pure heaven

2 Likes

Same it was nice but i think we lost the next day to Hertha Berlin or someone.

Not a lot will top that Barca comeback considering we then went on and won it. Probably Instanbul.

I went to the Liverpool 4-3 Man City one which was I think was later that season and that felt far better.

3 Likes

Any reason why they are buying another keeper at that standard?

They’ve got to hope they get CL again

I was U15 the year the passback rule came in. It was carnage. We had a kid who was a good shout to play in goal for the Wales school boys side end up losing his spot in goal in our W Wales side to a LB because he couldnt adapt to the new rules and became a liability.

Ramsdale reminds me of him.

I don’t mind him but he isn’t the be all and end all of Goalkeeping but Raya isn’t an upgrade in my view.

They are just going have two goalies of a similar level.

1 Like

I just read a piece in the Athletic saying that the goalie coach Arsenal brought to Arsenal is someone who used to work with Raya and it is through him the interest is primary being driven.

Raya did do very well last season in terms of overperforming his expected goals number, whereas Ramsdale was lower mid table in that stat. Amusingly, one of the few keepers who did better than Raya last season on that stat was Leno at Fulham.

2 Likes

Leno was in my view the same standard as both of these two, he always came across as a bit error prone but he was a very good goalie for them.

Just looks like they want to spend for spend sakes.

Jesus missed last night’s final pre-season game with a flare up of last season’s knee injury and reports today he’s going to have to have another op on it and will likely miss the first month of the season.

2 Likes